Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Murder Mystery on Great Central Railway

As my birthday treat, my OH had booked us on a murder mystery trip on a steam train with dinner. We arrived at the main station of the Great Central Railway Heritage Line at Loughborough just before 7.00 pm last Friday to see the train and the Pullman carriages prepared for the trip ...

And to hear the basic details of the murder ..... and meet some of the cast ....

Once on board the train, we had the witness statements and photographs of the exhibits to examine ...

There was a hen party next to us, there was a lot of noise and wine and food and of course the train moving along, making lovely steam train noises .... all of which were very distracting to the little grey cells ...... but

I am proud to say we got the right person, although we did not win the prize as a group of young flappers got that ...... put up job, I think!

All in all, a very enjoyable evening. The actors were I think very good, it was nothing like being on a stage, they had to stay in character whilst chatting to people at their tables, to give away nothing they were not meant to and to go from carriage to carriage repeating it all. The Detective Inspector was good at giving hints if needed and the whole thing was done with good humour and in a lively manner. It was also an extremely hot evening and quite a relief to get off the train again!

(I hope the photo that looks to me as if it's aligned wrongly looks right to you, I did rotate it!)

I think I will do a separate thread about our trip down the line on Saturday ........... yes, CS, we did travel on the line through Quorn and Woodhouse and Rothley to Leicester North.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

Re: Murder Mystery on Great Central Railway

looks and sounds like a great weekend angie Glad to hear you got the right person

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #3

Angie, it looks and sounds like you had a great weekend.
I enjoyed looking at your pictures and look forward to hearing more ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #4

Well you have got my interest I may well "try" one myself not sure if it will be a train or a hotel but will give it a go I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #5

We were wondering how a weekend at a hotel with murder mystery would go - may be a bit more complicated, but it certainly does get the brain working!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #6

Looks amazing, great photos, glad you had a good time. The GCR is very local to us, and my daughter lives right near Rothley station too, they do some great themed days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #7

Leicester North?!? Oh well, the line ends at the back of somw allotments - my Grandfather used to have one and I have happy memories of 'helping' him there.
Looks like you had a lovely time- well done of getting the culprit right !