Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #1

Balmedie Beach

I am completely disgusted with the people of Aberdeen at the moment. Some of you may remember the lovely pictures I posted over the last few weeks of the dogs at Balmedie Beach. Well this is what the people of Aberdeen have done to it over the weekend.

Due to council cut backs there was only one elderly man there to clean up the mess that was left behind. Poor guy was almost in tears.
We complain about Trump and him spoiling the beach and scenery, we complain about proposed travellers sites and then we go and dump in our own door steps. I am disgusted!, Dirty nappies stewn all over the place, broken bottles, half eaten food, disposable berbecues.
Take your bloody rubbish home with you!!!
I have emailed the press coz i am so angry about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #2

Re: Balmedie Beach

it's awful the mess humans create. I was brought up to never dare drop litter as were my sons and it shocks me when i see people do it.
What gets up my nose is when you see notices telling people to pick up after their dogs which of course is quite correct, however there are often no notices telling people to use litter bins etc. RANT over,lol

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #3

I felt so sorry for the council worker, he has also to sift through all the rubbish and sort out the recycling stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #4

It makes me cross too ......... we get a lot of fly tipping around our area. But, like Shelley, I was always brought up to take your litter home. It really doesn't take that much effort.

I sympathise with the council worker. Hope you get some response from the press Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #5

that's a disgrace!! You will get the typical response, there was only one wee bin, where were we meant to put it? TAKE IT BL**DY HOME WITH YOU!!

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #6

Exactly Alex, and they complain about the mess traveller leave behind, laughable really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #7

Thats a blinking discrace.....goes on all over shame on them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #8

The human race is pretty vile en masse isn't it? I think these 'good folk' should be well and truly disgusted with themselves. There is no excuse to leave such a blight on nature behind for others to sort out.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
30-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #9

Good for you Elaine!
Yours Sincerely
Ashamed T.B. Part O.The Human Race(!)

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #10

Emailed the pictures to the local radio station the other day too. They were talking about the mess left at Aberdeen beach aswell. Culprits were calling in saying that there weren't enough bins and while that may well be the case, people should be responsible enough to realise that the bins would fill up pretty quick and take their rubbish home with them!