Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #1

Update

Hi, guys!! *runs around and hugs Catsey*
Some software unintentionally blocked my IP address from Catsey but the wonderful Az has fixed it and I am back!!!
We are all well. K still has physical limitations but emotionally much more adjusted. He has some nerve damage in his legs from the blood clot surgery that appears to be permanent which they warned us of. He cannot stand for very long and can only walk short distances. But he's perfectly capable of driving and does well if we use a scooter cart at the store.
I am building my muscles doing all the heavy lifting around here and beginning to feel like Wonder Woman
Kuan Yin and Hestia are fine now but we had a scare for Hestia was gone as she darted out the door and was missing for about a day/day and a half. She came home very cold and hungry with a bit of an eye irritation and now does not try to dart out the doors so much anymore
Looks like we will be keeping this house or if we do move it won't be for another year or two. So that is nice to know. I'm a big planner so of course I'm already planning for worst case scenario but nothing should really be happening soon *fingers crossed, i want a boring, dull life for once!*.
K's stepdad had surgery on his foot and is retiring early from being a schoolteacher , this is the fourth surgery to fix the same problem and was going to be his last year anyway. He has to stay off his foot for three months! K's mom is getting screened for cancer (she had breast cancer awhile back that she beat) because her bloodwork is looking strange for unknown reasons and she takes very good care of herself so it is really weird. K's sister is getting screened too as her smear came back with problems again (has happened in past) which is a little disheartening for her because she just got married last month, is 35, and wants to have a baby very badly.
My ferrets are all good. Annie turned one years old, I can't believe it.
And...I have become a foster mum to two elderly/"unadoptable" ferrets, I will start a new thread for them. We just took them in yesterday, they are really sweet and have had it rough and I have time and space for them to spend the rest of their days in a home rather than a cage so it is my way of giving back for all the blessings..plus they are dolls and I just love them.
Oh and I've also taken up embroidery, still learning but I really love it. You can bet each furkid is gonna have a monogrammed blanket or bed from now on
Hmm I think that is all that has gone on, I'm sure glad to be back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2010, 02:29 AM   #2

Re: Update

Wow, lots of things happening since you were last on, glad Az could fix things! Good to hear about K's health, but sorry his Dad, Mom and Sis are having problems.
Naughty Hestia going walkabout at her age, you must have been worried sick! I love embroidery, it's creative and relaxing, at least I find it so. Off to read about the foster ferrets now! Take care, xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #3

Good to see you back. Glad that you, K and the furbabes are all well. Had a look at your new additions - gorgeous.

Hope K's family get positive news on their health probs.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #4

Lots of good wishes to K's family with their health problems...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #5

Glad to see you back Tink, and best wishes to all xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #6

Flipping heck, when you update; you do update girl.....glad its all going well with the house. And K's health.

Take care of yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #7

Glad to see you back Tink and very glad you will be staying where you are and that K is feeling better. Very sorry about his family's health problems.

Great that you feel able to commit to two foster-furs!