Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #21

Re: All healthy people stand up and be counted

Elaine you reminded me of something then saying that, you know when you go on a course..team building sort of thing and they ask you to tell others about yourself a friend of mine (God knows why he does it) says something along the lines of "I always tell lies" now if you take it at face value fine, if you think about it is he lying when he says he tells lies...is he lying about being a liar....can drive you crazy...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #22

Not too bad from me too, barring minor ailments and a major pain the butt . . . but we won't talk about him here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Elaine you reminded me of something then saying that, you know when you go on a course..team building sort of thing and they ask you to tell others about yourself a friend of mine (God knows why he does it) says something along the lines of "I always tell lies" now if you take it at face value fine, if you think about it is he lying when he says he tells lies...is he lying about being a liar....can drive you crazy...
Now that's reminded me of something ..... not sure where I read it that God always tells the truth but the Devil sometimes lies .........................

It's easy if you know someone is always lying, but the uncertainty gets you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #24

Off topic but I think we all tell lies at some point, dont we? I dont think it makes us the "devil". I can embelish on a story to make it funnier,more dramatic or interesting. I have also lied in the past when pulling sickies etc and we all interperit (sp) think we are told by others in our own way and pass info on as we think it is. Again, none of these things make us the devil, they make us human.
I do hate bare faced liars and game players though, it's the severity of the lie and the consequences of it that make the difference.

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #25

....... I think of "real" lying is intentionally trying to mislead someone. Embellishing stories through retelling is the basis of legend. Dragons, sea monsters etc. I see humans as huge weavers and knitters!

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #26

Are you telling me that there are NO sea monsters and dragons? That surely must be a lie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #27

White lies aren't harmful, like telling someone that dress doesn't make her look fat when it does. they're sort of the oil that lubricates the social relationships, to make a very mixed metaphor. Deliberate lies are something else again.

Elaine, of course you believe in monsters: doesn't bonny Scotland have Nessie?

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #28

Nessie lives as do the snow men

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #29

Elaine is right in believing in Nessie, he/she is enshrined in Scottish law:

"The Loch Ness Monster, affectionately known as Nessie, is actually under the protection of Scottish law. The Scottish law of 1912 known as the Protection of Animal Acts In Scotland includes Nessie as one of the many creatures protected by its scope. Little wonder why really when you realise that in terms of Scottish tourism, Nessie is estimated to be worth $40 million a year!"

Long live Nessie!

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Are you telling me that there are NO sea monsters and dragons? That surely must be a lie
I'd post a picture of the hairy angler fish as proof of sea monsters, but it's too scary!!!

The Weedy Sea Dragon on the other hand is a delightful creature of the Australian seas. I would absolutely love to see one of these because I love them!

Edit to say: I'm very sorry Kazz, we seem to have hijacked your thread about healthy people and turned it into lies, monsters and other things! Very sorry.