Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #1

Post consultant visit today

Well saw my consultant today and quite pleased in a weird way.
First he is doing my operation......Yeah I like him and everyone I have met who has been treated by him says he is brilliant, which my dealings with him and I agree.

It appears I have been under a misunderstanding regarding size of one of the fibroids....I thought we were talking cm's ie 15cm for the largest appears we were talking inches.....so my largest fibroid is 38cm.... = 15" approx two smaller ones about 6" and 8". At present time they are still growing.

And my ovarian cyst the size of my fist which is not big....my fist that is about tennis ball size.max.

Apparently when my cyst ruptured which is what put me in hospital on 6th Feb what ruptured was the top part of my ovarian cyst about size of a sprout apparently which had twisted effectively cutting of the blood supply and allowing them to be separate cysts (almost) the bigger half of the cyst is still there on right ovary.

Anyhow after all that I am down for an "urgent" hysterectomy....(awaiting a date..if I have not heard by Monday I need to phone his secretary) so the surgery will be
total abdominal hysterectomy..(ovaries and cervix removed as well) the cut will be vertical due to size of fibroids....from top of pubic bone to belly button.... Joy of joys....I am in recovery for 12 weeks he said.... but will be given an excercise sheet.... ...but I am encouraged that walking is a good form of recovery....Yeah...no evidence of cancer at present time in womb, ovaries, uterus, cervix, but the raised CA levels due to the hormones going crazy in my system.

Told him I feel well but he said "high tolerance to pain" take it easy.

So there you go.....have another scan next Tuesday which is on my liver, apparently the CAT scan showed "something" on ,my liver but my Gynae consultant said depending on what shows up from the liver scan will depend on next cause of action......but hey one hurdle at a time.

So thats all from me folks...just waiting for appointment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #2

Re: Post consultant visit today

Oh Kazz, don't know what to say.... so sorry. Praying all will go well for you. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh Kazz, don't know what to say.... so sorry. Praying all will go well for you. (((hugs)))
Its not that bad Eileen honest. I could be much worse.

There were people there who looked terrible I gave up my seat for a couple of ladies so they were closer to the way in/out....and when I went through to see my consultant the nurse said "you know your health is worse than the majority we are seeing today" But I said "Hey I feel fine, they look ill"... can't see the point in mooping about.

So thing is to get the garden sorted before the op..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #4

You'll feel a million times better Kazz and you're going to get rid of it. I don't know whether you feel emotional about losing your reproductive "bits"? Have you been offered any counselling etc. before the op?

I do hope that you'll get all the post op care you need and practical help and support. Sad that Elaine doesn't live nearer to help with walking Sal.

Chin up gal - you are a brave 'un and we're all rooting for you.

15 inches ............................... can't believe it's THAT BIG.

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #5

Oh and the excellent news Mr Emmanual (my consultant) is a cat lover he has a 7 year old neutured BW rescued tom called Biggles.. Amazing what you find out isn't it.....

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #6

That's a big plus for your Mr Emmanual. Hope my Mr Jolly is as nice!

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
You'll feel a million times better Kazz and you're going to get rid of it. I don't know whether you feel emotional about losing your reproductive "bits"? Have you been offered any counselling etc. before the op?

I do hope that you'll get all the post op care you need and practical help and support. Sad that Elaine doesn't live nearer to help with walking Sal.

Chin up gal - you are a brave 'un and we're all rooting for you.

15 inches ............................... can't believe it's THAT BIG.

Hope your appointment goes as well with a resolution on Friday...at least I am sorted and fell okay too I mean lots of people are poorly like you for ages. I have symptoms but feel fine.

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That's a big plus for your Mr Emmanual. Hope my Mr Jolly is as nice!
Well one of his assistants...(don't know what he's called) is called Doctor Nanna ...go figure

Catsey Veteran

09-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #9

hmmmmm shades of Peter Pan, perhaps?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #10

OMG Kazz, I dont know how you take all these things in your stride as you do. I guess you have to....
All the very best for the op, hope your liver scan goes well and that your recovery goes by quickly and easily. Thinking of you xxx