Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #1

Update on me.

Well here we go people update time.

I have fibroids (didn't know I had them but sure do now) although I did have symptoms but I never thought them serious enough to mention just got on with it.
Anyhow onward and upward one fibroid is now approx 15cm+ in length, and it also appears I have several smaller ones.... ...of which the smallest is 6cm.....wouldn't you know it.

The cause of my hosptital stay was a twisted ovarian cyst which ruptured two weeks ago today hence being admitted to hospital, and the start of this disaster.
It appears because the fibroid is growing fast...they believe there could be cancer involved...according to my consultant, I have raised levels on a blood test called a CA125...which showed raised levels which raise concerns about ovarian cancer. Hoo Hum......plus I have a solid/dark area on my other ovarian cyst.....see you thought I had just the one cyst which had ruptured well guess what so did I.

Seems this other one is more "interesting to the Docs" due to the dark area.

In the last fortnight since being in hospital and out I have had Xrays, ultra sounds, CAT scans MRI, liver scan another ultra sound and now due for a PET scan.....Whooppeee.... and bloods taken it feels by the litre........

I am not allowed to go back to work yet as still in discomfort and symptoms and side effects common with fibroids etc plus you can now see the shape of the fibroid (large soft mass confirmed on CAT scan as it is fondly called on my hospital discharge notes) on my right side so I have no option but to agree it is growing.
The fibroid is pressing on my bladder, and nerves (hence pain in leg/lower back now ) but hey not too bad.

I am also anemic.....Whoopee again. Hence why I feel light headed around Sainsburys...etc. But plan on walking more this week coming, and feeling better.
I am taking enough tablets to be officialy renamed rattled daily.... ...not Kazz.

The answer appears to be hysterectomy.....not sure if ovaries will be going with it or not...have to wait and see my consultant, regarding the possible cancer.
They are trying to reduce the fibroid....seems though mine wants to grow not reduce....so the battle is on.

So the outcome of this is you have the pleasure or not of my company for the next week or so.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #2

Re: Update on me.

Dear god Kazz, so sorry and hope you make a remarkable recovery from all this. xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
20-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #3

I am so sorry to hear about this Kazz.
I do hope the fibroid reduces in size and that you get better.
xxx

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Dear god Kazz, so sorry and hope you make a remarkable recovery from all this. xxx
You do not have to call me God Elaine, Kazz wil surfice or rattle daily....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #5

Oh dear Karen , no wonder you have been feeling off
Do you know when they are likely to operate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
You do not have to call me God Elaine, Kazz wil surfice or rattle daily....
I like it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #7

Kazz, I don't know what to say, you certainly have a lot to contend with at the moment. Lots of (((((hugs))))) from me.

How long before your next date with the consultant?

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Oh dear Karen , no wonder you have been feeling off
Do you know when they are likely to operate.
Back in couple of weeks for another scan/ultra sound...whatever they decide...which will be early March that will be 1 month following hospital admission (fortnight today) to see what size it is then.

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Kazz, I don't know what to say, you certainly have a lot to contend with at the moment. Lots of (((((hugs))))) from me.

How long before your next date with the consultant?
They appear to love collecting data.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
20-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #10

Thinking of you Kazz x x x

Julie x x x