Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #1

Im back and things are starting to sort themselves out.....

Hi all
we got back from our overseas trip in mid October and i was very busy getting back into our routines when Davids father was put into hospital... of course his mother has dementia and can't be left alone so David had to go and stay in the house with her.. (they live a 3 hour drive away).. then his father had a stroke whilst he was in hospital... and it was touch and go for about a week.. he is still in hospital (albeit a rehab hospital) and now Davids mother is in as well and has been since just after christmas... we are in the process of trying to find an aged care facility that will has vacancies for two high care people... which is no mean feat considering his parents have refused to put their names on a waiting list for the last 5 years...the majority of the good ones have a 6 - 10 years waiting list for couples accommodation.. so we are dealing with tantrums and stubbornness from his parents... because they dont seems to grasp that they cant get what they want... my father in law is a returned serviceman and as such is covered by the Dept of Veteran affairs... but they just pay the bills it doesn't give him any preferential treatment... but he is refusing to acknowledge anything that he doesn't agree with... so its very difficult...
So....... as you can see things have been hectic here... add to that ... my computer died and i had to get a new one... i now have a Mac... which for those of you that have made the switch will know... it takes a bit of getting used to...
George and HRH are doing well... HRH had her birthday last week... she's not a baby anymore... and we are now changing her over onto adult food...
The weather here has been very hot... and keeping cool has been an ongoing process...
hopefully everyone and their fur babies are well

thats about all from here... i should hopefully be around more now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #2

Re: Im back and things are starting to sort themselves out.....

Wow thats a lot of information to take in. Its hard dealing with aged parents isn't it. I hope it all turns out well.

So you're a Mac person now then you are increasing in numbers.

Nice to see you back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

Yes, very nice to see you back - was wondering about you only the other day!

Sorry to hear about the problems with David's parents. It is very hard and an emotional up and down. I do sympathise.

I am glad to hear that George and Princess Harri are both well - photos are called for when you have a moment I think!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #4

Hello Jo, it's good to see you back ....... and on a Mac too!

Sorry to hear about all the problems with your in-laws, it's a very trying time for you both. I can sympathise with you as I too have been through this situation.

Good to hear George and HRH are doing well...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #5

I've missed you, Jo, and wondered how things were going, Very sad about your in-laws, that's a very trying, stressful situation. hope something can be sorted. Welcome to the Mac club, that's all I ever had so no adjustment problems; I love mine. Good to hear George and HRH are well and second the pics request when you can find time.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
14-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #6

Hi Jo

I have just picked up on this - how are your parents-in-law now?

I too am a Mac user (been using them since university) - so easy to use once you become famiiar with the interface (much more user-friendly than Windows ).