Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #1

vomiting advice

I've mentioned many times about my daughters episodes of vomiting.
She is 13 and for the past few years, gets these vomiting episodes, which are almost identical in events.
She will be fine all day & then sometime between early evening & bedtime she gets tummy ache/stomach cramps and start being sick.
She will then wake up and be sick many times through the night. The following day she will be sick during the morning & very tired & by lunchtime the vomiting will stop. The rest of the day she will be pale & wahed-out. By the next day she is fine.
This happens a lot, maybe once every few weeks / months.
I think it is some kind of food-intolerance. I have mentioned it to the GP.
just wondered if anyone on here had any thoughts on what it could be.
PS-She's off school today as she was being sick all night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: vomiting advice

I'm sorry Smudgley. I can offer no advice. Is there any food that you suspect may be causing it? It's such a shame for her and distressing for you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #3

May sound like a daft question but has she started her periods yet, it could be something to do with her hormones at certain times even if she hasn`t started yet she is of that age. I often feel sick and can be sick when it is around that time of the month. Just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I'm sorry Smudgley. I can offer no advice. Is there any food that you suspect may be causing it? It's such a shame for her and distressing for you all.
not really, I must keep a food diary for her. Although she had eggs yesterday (fresh obviously as they are from our own birds) but I wondered if it may be that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
May sound like a daft question but has she started her periods yet, it could be something to do with her hormones at certain times even if she hasn`t started yet she is of that age. I often feel sick and can be sick when it is around that time of the month. Just a thought.
Yes, she has started her periods, we did think at one point it could be related but I don't think so (although it could be)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #5

Hope you can get to the bottom of it and find out exactly what the cause is, it is very frustrating when you don`t know why something is happening.
I would try keeping a diary of both food and her menstrual cycle for the time being just incase.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Hope you can get to the bottom of it and find out exactly what the cause is, it is very frustrating when you don`t know why something is happening.
I would try keeping a diary of both food and her menstrual cycle for the time being just incase.
thanks. I think I will, good idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #7

Has anyone considered stomach migraine, which could be related to food or stress. Many years ago a colleagues daughter had that - was diagnosed after almost a year. She would be about your daughters age. She doesn't work with us any more so can't find out any more for you. I do remember thinking that it so mirrored my migraine, if I don't catch it or take medication then I will be very sick and washed out next day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about your daughter Smudgley. I can't really offer any advice, except by experience.

I work in a school and used to have a pupil who suffered from stomach migraines, sickness, diarrhoea, etc.

My daughter is 19 and has been sick twice in the last few weeks, each time coming home from college and in my OH's car, but managed to get out in time! She also suffers with IBS. She went to the doctors this morning again and mentioned the sickness, she has had every test imaginable and the doctors think it is food related.

Keeping a food diary seems like a good idea, she could have a diary intolerance?

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem.