Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
28-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #11

Re: Being Spayed!!

Are they Birmans? Bless them, they've grown!

I tried the blow up collar and found it didn't stop Mitzi getting to her nether regions, also she couldn't lie quite flat, so I went back to what Beau and Joy are in now.

These collars can make it very awkard for them to get low enough to eat and drink easily. You might find raising their food and water bowls on a telephone directory will help while they have their collars on. I agree with taking the collars off whenever you can.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
28-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #12

I Put Cass's Food On A Plastic Bag On The Floor When,she Had Her Collar On,that Worked!!!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
29-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #13

Thanks for all the help! I took their collars off and instead of eating, they ran away to hide and try and lick their wound etc, so I had to put them back on again. Beau seems to be able to cope with the eating more than Joy. Joy hasn't eat much at all only a small bit now and again off my finger, but she is drinking. Going back to vets tomorrow for a post-op check-up, so will ask him for some advice to. Feel so useless , you can see them both distressed and cann't really help them.Feel like taking a chance, ( I know i cann't!! ), and taking the flipping things off!!!!! They needed to be spayed as it was really distressing Joy more so than Beau. My POOR BABIES!!!!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
29-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
Are they Birmans? Bless them, they've grown!

I tried the blow up collar and found it didn't stop Mitzi getting to her nether regions, also she couldn't lie quite flat, so I went back to what Beau and Joy are in now.

These collars can make it very awkard for them to get low enough to eat and drink easily. You might find raising their food and water bowls on a telephone directory will help while they have their collars on. I agree with taking the collars off whenever you can.
Don't know really what they are, as they were from a litter of 5 and the first 3 where all black!! Think there is a bit of either Siamese or Ragdoll in them.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
29-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #15

My vets use internal stitch, so no use for collars or painkillers!
So glad they do, as I hate those damn collars!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
29-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevvur
We thought our vet might do that , but he didn,t! I think it's upto the individual vet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I told our vets last week i wanted the disolvable stitches for Misty. Shes coming up to that time too. I was told in
No uncertain terms that she would still need to wear a collar

Ive bought two, a soft one that is buster collar shape but soft & the blow up one

What gets me is if its a feral cat, they get dissolvable stitches & dont wear collars etc so why must pets have to wear them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #18

Beau & Joy are gorgeous, both stunners x

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
I told our vets last week i wanted the disolvable stitches for Misty. Shes coming up to that time too. I was told in
No uncertain terms that she would still need to wear a collar

Ive bought two, a soft one that is buster collar shape but soft & the blow up one

What gets me is if its a feral cat, they get dissolvable stitches & dont wear collars etc so why must pets have to wear them
I suppose being a feral cat , there is nobody to care about an infection, wheras the domestic cat is a "pet" and has the owner to care if it gets an infection. Don't really know. It's just awfull seeing the cats stressing all the time, and especially Beau isn't eating properly and really cann't seem to cope with the collar!! Joy is coping and eating far better but still is stressed. The vets do say to keep them on for 10 days, but i have heard that 6-7 days sometimes they can be removed.Even if i take the collar off them, they just run away and hide instead of eating!! Managed to get Beau to feed a little off my hand and from the floor, but not really enough. Iam going back to the Vets tonight for a post-op check up and will ask him what to do.Like I said before I feel so helpless, just have to keep giving them lots of TLC!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
01-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #20

Thanks Velvet, they are, and ime so proud of the two of them!