Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
22-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #11

Re: ginger is now at the bridge

So sorry to hear about Ginger. It's a hard decision to make, we had to have our cat Charlie put to sleep only 6 weeks ago. It's hard at first but the pain of losing them does get easier as I have found and I got some lovely messages from everyone at Catsey which made me feel I wasn't alone.

R.I.P beautiful boy!
Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #12

Oh, wasn't he a beauty It's so very sad when we have to say goodnight and goodbye to the kitties we love. Just think of it as the final act of love you can give to them; taking away the pain and confusion. Hugs to you, and RIP to Ginger; sleep tight lovely boy.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 snow spot bengal, 1 white dsh
22-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #13

its now been a week since ginger went to the bridge, i still reach for his tablets when i feed my other 2, i still expect to see him laid by the fireplace and miss hearing him purr, (my other 2 cats do not purr at all) i felt sick all last week with the upset of it all and cried every single time i spoke of him. i also made the mistake of reading the other posts on gone but not forgotten so sat at the computer most nights reading through the tears.......
i work in a main post office, very busy and had to stay off the counter for the first 10 -15 minutes on saturday as one of my colleagues who had been off for a few days had heard i had had some bad news and made the mistake of asking me what had happened, result - floods of tears as i tried to tell her and very red eyes to scare the customers with!!!!
last night i was able to tell one of the neighbours that we had had to put him to sleep without breaking down, think i have probably temporarily run out of tears so that doesn't mean i won't cry the next time someone asks me if he is still with us or how is he doing? does it?
i know from previous experience it gets easier with time but that doesnt stop it hurting like hell to begin with does it?
most of my neighbours have lived on the street for donkeys years so ginger was well known, our house is the first house on a cul de sac so most of my neighbours have walked past and petted him on a regular basis, they remember him turning up and know his history, i was dreading seeing them and being asked about him, at least now i have told one of them word will get around and it will save me from having to let everyone else know.......
i am 50 years old next month, a grown woman but still feel like a helpless child crying in to my pillow when a beloved pet dies,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #14

{{{Hugs}}} How very sad

RIP Gorgeous lad, sleep well x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
22-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #15

Tilli, I think we all have an idea how you feel..........I'm in tears reading about ginger Don't ever be embarrassed about it, we're all with you. Hope you're OK........xxx