Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

20-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #11

Re: Active, non-active register question

NO! you can not breed from a cat thats on the non active register this is done by the Breeder for a specific reason, if it's on the Pink slip You Can not breed from your girl, if you have a male cat he will go mental and the noise that a female cat makes is terrible. Be guided by the Breeder !!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #12

Then, why may i ask did a breeder we may be purchasing a kitten off, say that if we could assure her in some way (don't know how) that we would breed responsibly, and only to a pedigree si, not to any old tom that she would think about putting the kitten on active?

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
20-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #13

Luke you should be honest with the breeder from the outset... if your mum is thinking about breeding she should mention it. The breeder might say they will lift the endorsment and put the cat on the active register after inspecting it when its matured, they may also say you must pay a fee in line with that of a breeding animal too (ie so the total you pay is what you would have paid for a breeding queen /stud to begin with). They might also specify that it can only be bred with cats they (the breeder) approves etc

At the end of the day the breeder will have final say on whether or not the cat can be bred and on what basis - which is understandable as they have worked hard with their 'lines' and don't want people to wreck that in anyway...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #14

Hi Az
i see what your saying, see i didnt have the foggiest what all this active, non active stuff means twas very confusing (mind you dont take a lot to confuse me ) anyways we aren't intersted in buying a pedigree to breed, we just want a pet but a litter would have been nice, but to have the right kitten regardless of registration is more important to me

Catsey Junior

20-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #15

I would not advise to you to breed from any breed of cat think of all the pet cats & kittens (non pedigree's) & think of all the stray cats & kittens that have been abandond in care homes & it's a struggle to find homes for them & yes they will be neutered if they find homes for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
20-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #16

well find the breed you want and go on a waiting list for a pet cat it will be cheeper than a queen and it will not matter if its male or female after it has been 'done' and you will also find a breeder faster then you are now

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
20-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade1991
NO! you can not breed from a cat thats on the non active register this is done by the Breeder for a specific reason, if it's on the Pink slip You Can not breed from your girl, if you have a male cat he will go mental and the noise that a female cat makes is terrible. Be guided by the Breeder !!
I think you have not read Lukes question correctly. What he was asking was that if the breeder so wished, was it possible for her ie the breeder to transfer the cat from non active to active, which as has been answered, it is possible.

Catsey Junior

20-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #18

Another thing I was going to say is Breeding can be very expensive you dont make any money it's all paying out think of the Vets bills, Stud fee's and the innoculations ah yes and the Registration fees & feeding the kittens & the Queen (thats what they call a female) you will be out of pocket. I should know as I used to be a breeder but have retired. Sorry!!! I rest my case.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #19

What did you breed Jade?

Catsey Junior

20-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #20

Some years ago I used to breed & show Siamese & then I bred Oriental Spotties also showing them, one of the spotties I bred became my first homebred Champion & her Mum was made up to a Premier.