Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
25-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #71

Re: Winston

Was hoping for better news for you Elaine. You will do the best by him whatever that may be, and he has already proved the vets wrong once. Maybe you need to ask the vets a few hard questions, and ask them to be completely honest and also what they would do?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #72

Am thinking of you Elaine. This must be so hard for you to deal with, but I know you will do your best for Winston, whatever the outcome x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #73

Morning elaine, i hope it is good news at the vets today, fingers crossed. Give the old boy a tickle behind the ear from me. Thinking of you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #74

Thinking of you Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #75

Elaine - I hope today brings some better news for you. Thinking good thoughts for you m'dear . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #76

Winston is home I love that old man to bits and have really missed him.
Now the serious stuff, I havent had a chance yet to really look at his blood results but as far as the vet said and I can see, they dont really seem to have changed much from the last time, so he still has kidney function. I spoke to the vet but it was not a vet i have seen before, he said as he didnt know Winstons history etc he didnt want to make a judgement on a final outcome for the boy. He said that Winston was a fiesty old man and seemed to have some fight left in him but that i would be better talking to the vet that knows him and me better. I am going to talk to Heidi(vet) tomorrow. I trust her completely and she has always been very good with Winston.
I had made a decision over the weekend that I will not prolong his life more than necessary and i dont think Winston or me can go through another weekend like this so I will be discussing all this with the vet and will take it from there. Hopefully, as he is eating and looking well, he will be with us for a few more weeks and we will celebrate his birthday in style. After that I think we may be saying our goodbyes to my loyal and loving friend.
Thanyou all for your support again and I will keep you updated as to what the vet says tomorrow. You have all been a tower of strength, especially you Kazz. I hope I can help others as much as you have all helped me but hopefully none of you will be facing this for some time to come.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #77

I am so please Winston is home Elaine Good luck with chatting to the vet tomorrow. Hope all looks good for him to celebrate his 21st in style!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #78

I'm so pleased you've got him home Elaine, and haven't been bounced into a decision. He'll let you know. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
26-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #79

I'm glad you got him back! So good to have a chance to make your mind up "in advance" so to speak, and to be given the chance to say goodbye while he's still his old self. I'm sure you will both make as much as you can of the time you still have. Precious days, weeks or years.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #80

glad you ahve him home