Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-03-2023, 04:41 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Sunday 4pm here and it's a nice sunny day, but not too hot. Unfortunately we have a heavy rain/gale winds warnings in place for the whole of the South Island from tonight through to Wednesday, so I'll set up the brolly sheet in the front conservatory tonight before I go to bed, just in case the roof starts leaking. Got on OK at the doctor's on Friday and my BP was normal when he took it. It just seems to go up and down for no reason at all. My sodium and potassium levels are all within the normal range now as well, so he told me I can start eating a more normal diet again but still need to have regular blood tests to check those levels. I'm so pleased I can finally have a small potato etc again, but I will only have one occasionally to be on the safe side. In fact, I'm going to start tonight. It's my BIL's birthday and he really wanted a roast meal from the Kiwi Roast restaurant , so my sister is going to go there and get us all one for our tea tonight, Janna and myself included. Yummy, these meals are sooooo good. I offered to do us all a roast, but she said it was too hot to cook, so will use the takeaway option. as poor Peter still can't walk with his plaster cast.

Janna has been working yesterday and today until 6pm. She's been asked to do admin work again today, which she's accepted, bu she's still nervous about it. Sadly the supervisors have sent everyone an email telling them that there's not going to be much work available in April. Janna needs the money for her tooth by May, but Brenna will pay the difference (as will I) if she doesn't have enough by then. Janna doesn't know that yet !!! Some of the shifts available Janna can't accept as they don't finish until 2am, and she has no way of getting home. Our taxi service is really unreliable and I don't want her stuck in the central city at night - it's far too violent.

Cats are all sleeping on the chairs. I was going to set up the Kool Mat for them if it got too hot, but they seem to be comfortable without it. It's only around 23 degrees so not really too bad. Even I'm coping !!!

PAMELA, hope life is back to normal again after your exciting time at Crufts, and you are now able to relax in your beautiful living room. Has your dad and sister seen it yet ? I wonder if you've been out on the golf course this weekend ? my cousin's son, Mike, plays golf as well, and I believe he's pretty good at it. I bet Mia and Robyn are pleased to be home again and back into their normal routine. AND how is the beautiful Barney ? I bet he's happy that things are back to normal in his world again. I do hope that the weather starts getting a bit warmer for you soon, Pamela. I'm sure Barney will feel a lot better in the warmth. I know Willow's joints always played up in the winter. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, no matter the weather.

SHELLEY, well I guess you'll be enjoying Surrey now with your friends, You will all be looking forward to tomorrow with that dolls house and doll fair in Cobham. I do hope you see something that takes your fancy at the fair . AND enjoy your visit to Stratford Upon Avon tomorrow as well. I'm sure the pups will be missing you but I think Howard and Chris will be looking after them well until you get back. I hope you enjoy your time away.

Well ladies, I'm going to sit back now and await my beautiful roast meal. Mary, my sister, is even going to deliver it. to me on her way home. I'm getting hungry just thinking of it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Pamela and Shelley and hope the sun shines for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-03-2023, 09:26 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday daily.

Good morning Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky i think you may have passed your sunshine to us today!! Its quite nice here today.

Dinky, glad your blood pressure was normal when you went to the doctors and your able to start having a more normal diet. I do hope you enjoyed your roast dinner tonight, sounds lovely! How is your BIL doing? I hope he is improving and his leg is getting better.

Thats a pity about the shifts available for Janna especially when she needs her tooth removed. Thats lovely that you or Brenna will be ab,e to make up the difference to allow her to get the surgery. I think i would be the same about the 2am finishes, i wouldnt want her to do them either.

Shelley, i hope you enjoy your doll show today, dont spend too much money haha!! Have a lovely tome at Stratford as well.

We havent been on the golf course yet, not had tome to go to the range this week and the weather has been awful. Much nicer today so we are planning on going to the range today, i am meeting my friend on Tuesday after work there as well and going to speak to her about joining her club. She is on the committee for the golf club so has said she would be able to get me in as there is a waiting list of 40 people at the moment.

Steven also wants to go out on his motorbike for a quick ride today, unfortunately i cant join him as mine isnt running at the moment due to a flat battery and its not easy to jump start it due to the strange location of the battery but i have a mechanic coming out next weekend to get it started for me.

We went to Stevens mums yesterday for an early mothers day as she goes away today to pick up their new caravan down in Wales so they are away for 10 days. Loona is going to a pet sitter so she will be well looked after. TBH i didnt really want to go but Steven wanted me there so i gave in and went.

The pups are back to normal now, Barney is just taking old age in his stride and relaxing on his bed we now have in the living room instead of being on the couch. We took the girls for a 6 mile walk yesterday which they enjoyed but my goodness, Robyn was a wee terror with constantly pulling on the lead all the way round and still had loads of energy after it!!

Have a lovely day ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #3

Re: Sunny Sunday daily.

Evening ladies.
Im on my way home now.
My friends and myself have had a wonderful time. Stratford was lovely, we looked around the shops, particularly antique and charity shops.
I managed to find quite a rare vintage doll and my friend a vintage dinner service.
During dinner at the hotel there was a power cut which cut our evening short.
We had no lights or water in our room.
The fair was lovely, sold a few dolls and bought nice things.
Dinky, glad you can have a more normal diet
now, hope you all enjoyed your takeaway.
Pamela did you get to the golf range?
Hope your bikes fixed soon.