Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #1

in-laws had intruders tonight

Hubby got a call from his mom about 5pm to say that 2 men were had been in the house.

His Dad was upstairs & his mom in the lounge when 2 men just came in (dressed in suits) they'd climbed the fence & come in through the back door!
When my father-in-law asked what they were doing they made up a story & said they were just letting them know some lads had been trying to break into their house, but they've chased them off & all is ok now, then one of them went to go upstairs, the mother-in-law asked him where he was going & he said he needed the loo. She told them to get out & called the police, they ran off

The police were very, very good & extremely quick in getting there, they had about 10 police there (in 4 cars) some talking to the in-laws & checking stuff out & some driving up the street looking for them.

Nothing was taken, they don't even have much to take. They live in a little old council house & wouldn't hurt a fly. Isn't that awful? & what on earth are 2 blokes in suits doing breaking into peoples homes?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #2

Re: in-laws had intruders tonight

Thats terrible Smudgley really scary but think about it who would you be suspicious of walking down your street or any street a couple of blokes in suits or two blokes in striped tops with swag bags on their shoulders? or two blokes in hoodies - obviously the blokes in suits are blending into the background.

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #3

Are your inlaws okay????? I am always telling my Dad to lock the back door - will point this out to him, they were lucky they ran off when confronted though isn't that a sad thing to say...........shows the way the World is going.

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #4

They are fine thanks Kazz & the police were concerned about if they'd been harmed. But they weren't violent at all.
I've known them 14 years, since I first met John & in all that time they've never locked the back door, hardly ever close it
For most of those years they've had several big dogs, up to 8 bullmastiffs! Not that they would of hurt anyone but I guess they felt safe with the dogs around, but they've all died now & they just have a Border Terrier, who the burglers kindly let out to run off down the street!

So with the pigeon thieves & this - it puts you on edge a bit!

Mind you Kazz - noone would mess with my mother-in-law, even though she's in her 70's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-12-2006, 11:57 PM   #5

Thats awful Smudgley, must have been terrifying for them...So pleased they are both ok...

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #6

See my Dads like that hardly closing the back door and everyone comes and goes through it hardly ever using the front. When we were all younger and out Fri/Sat night we never took a key as we could always get in the back.

Yes does make you nervous glad they are alright though I assume they will be turning the key from now on??? if you can stop your hubbie baricading them in parents eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #7

How awful Smudgley It's that time of year isn't it? Opportunists looking for the presents that people have bought ready for Christmas I really hope it hasn't shaken them too badly, did they manage to get their dog back?

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Thats awful Smudgley, must have been terrifying for them...So pleased they are both ok...
Yes - they could have been really hurt, doesn't bear thinking about does it? My father in law is only about 7 stone at most & quite frail.
They seemed to fine other than a little shaken.

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
How awful Smudgley It's that time of year isn't it? Opportunists looking for the presents that people have bought ready for Christmas I really hope it hasn't shaken them too badly, did they manage to get their dog back?

yes, unfortunately .......(little sod he is)

I'm glad he's safe really

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #10

That's awful Smudgley, I'm pleased your in laws didn't come to any harm ....though they don't need frights like that at their age....