Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-09-2023, 09:56 AM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Wednesday 8:20pm here tonight and I'm all alone. Janna is working until 2am tomorrow morning. It's been a nice warm day, but strong winds are forecast overnight (not arrived yet) and snow is predicted by the end of the week. Gosh, our weather patterns are really strange now. At around 9:15am this morning we had an earthquake - 6.4 and shallow. I heard it coming before the rolling started, so was able to sit down in time. No damage but my TV was swaying. Luckily it's bolted down. The cats were terrified and dashed under my bed. This was the biggest quake we've felt for a while and it went on for a while.too. I was terrified and I'm hoping and praying that we don't have another bigger one tonight while I'm on my own If all these quakes get really bad again, I think I may leave Christchurch. I couldn't go through all of that again.

My new cat tower has finally arrived in Christchurch this morning, but that doesn't mean to say I'll get it this week. I'm hoping it will come soon though. as I want to put it up in the lounge Normally packages just sit around the mail depot for a few days until they finally get delivered.

Last night I watched the leaders debate between our two main political parties, Labour and National. It got quite heated and nasty as both leaders kept interrupting each other and putting each other down. It's funny listening to what these leaders promise, just to become the government.

PAMELA,sorry you got soaked walking the dogs yesterday I don't suppose the dogs minded though. I'm glad you managed to get through your busy work load on your first day back and you'll be looking forward to your trailing tonight. Is this the start of the new classes for Robyn? Anyway, I hope it goes well for both of you. Oh yes, when I said that Oren wants a Scentsy burner, it's not a candle. I'm not fussed with candles either and I wouldn't give one to a child like Oren. The burners plug in to the wall and you melt the Scentsy waxes in a wee dish on top of the warmer. The wax gets warm but it doesn't get hot, so it's meant to be safe for kids. However I will make sure. of that before I buy him one. The warmers actually look quite nice and they change colour as well.

SHELLEY,, sorry you, too, also got soaked while walking the pups yesterday. I can imagine that you must be finding work difficult at the moment with your team split. It must be so frustrating., but remember, it's not going to be forever. I'm glad your dad came for dinner the other day ,but poor Reuben. !7 is a wonderful age, but it is never long enough. At least Reuben still enjoys his food and your dad loves him very much and that's the main thing. I wish Reuben all the very best, Shelley. He sounds a lovely dog.

Well ladies, I'm off now to do a small jigsaw that I dug out of the hall cupboard. This computer is getting very hot to the touch, so I'll turn it off for a bit.

Have a great Wednesday, Pamela and Shelley and hopefully the weather will clear up for you both.