Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-04-2022, 05:56 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily.

Good morning ladies.
Wednesday afternoon here after a lovely warm day. The sun is shining, and the birds are singing. Janna is just about to feed them now. The magpies are out on the back lawn ,waiting for their share too. They really are magnificent birds to look at.

Dickens went to the vet this morning for a check up. His blood pressure is normal, and although he was very stressed, his heart rate was good. I let Michele give him one of his morning medications (the one I find the most difficult to give him) and she found that she couldn't open his mouth. It took three of us to finally get him to swallow that pill. Michele told me that the pill is now made in a gel form and you put a measured drop inside the cat's ear where it is absorbed into the skin. Only problem is that it has to be made to order and is very expensive - around $200 per month for a cat. It will take 3-4 weeks to get it at the clinic, and so I think I will order some, despite the cost. it certainly would be so much easier. I told Michele I'd think about it, but I'll give her a ring tonight at home and she can put in an order. It has to come from Germany

Fiasko, Brenna's wee kitten, was spayed today. Brenna was going to pick her up after work, and she'll let me know how she is later.

Nothing much else to report. I didn't go out grocery shopping, as I wanted to stay with Dickens who was hiding in a wardrobe after his ordeal this morning. Janna went down to the local supermarket for me and got a couple of things. We're just having chicken and corn soup for tea tonight, with wholemeal toast, followed by mangoes and custard again. Another nice easy tea.

PAMELA, VJ sounds a great name, so that's what I will call him from now on.Your Mia sounds like a wonderful girl, and so obedient.. Fancy her walking to heel off-leash. I'm glad you put her back on the leash when you are on busier roads though. You never know when she might see something "interesting" across the road and just dash across the road. It's much better to be safe than sorry. I bet she enjoyed her little play on that grassy area. You would have been sorry to quit your running club, but you've got to do what feels right for you. Perhaps you're ready for a new challenge . Anyway, the club will still be there if and when you decide to join again. You can still keep in touch with your friends in the club too. it is hard when you're working all day and are tired in the evening. The last thing you'd want to do is strenuous exercise like running.

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you and Howard., and you've settled back into work OK after your Scottish break.

Well ladies, I'm off to heat up that soup for tea and make some toast.

Have a fantastic Wednesday..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-04-2022, 08:54 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Hello ladies, lovely sunny morning here although I'm waiting on the phone for the pet insurance to take me off hold.
Before the policy's were due I rang to change bank details with them, they didn't take the cash So I rang again and they gave me some flannel about how it could take up to 10 days.Got an email saying they were going to charge me extra for admin, er I don't think so.
Just sorted, all paid up and no extra charge.
Now I can get on with my day.
Dinky, glad you are keeping venom dog and glad Dickens is doing OK, the ear medication sounds great, shame it's so expensive.
Hope Brenda's finger heals quickly, ouch.
Pamela, sounds like Mia is doing really well, clever girl.
You can always go back to running at a later date, sometimes we just lose interest.
I did with yoga several years ago now, mind you I've since seized up, lol