Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-04-2022, 05:17 AM   #1

ANZAC DAY Monday.

Good morning ladies,
Today is a public holiday, celebrating Anzac Day here in NZ. It's a nice sunny day ,but very quiet, as all the shops have been closed until 1pm this afternoon. Janna has just gone down to the supermarket now ,as we are out of birds bread. I've bought in a few more bags of stuff from the pool room and am slowly going through it and taking any unwanted items down to the freebie bin. I found a few of my old soft toys and I know I should get rid of them but their little eyes look at me (especially the dogs) and I just can't do it. I think I'm becoming a hoarder.I found a soft toy dog that my late husband gave me and that bought back a lot of happy memories.At the time, he owned two filas, (Brazilian mastiffs). Unfortunately this breed is now banned in NZ. The soft toy is a fila dog and it is still in perfect condition, so I'm going to find a good place for it. it reminds me so much of "Venom" the male fila that he had - the exact same colouring and stance.

I've been listening to the Anzac memorial service on TV this morning and it was very moving..

I don't have any news to report. Cats are all well, Miracle is going crazy inside a big paper bag that is on the lounge floor, Dickens is looking out of the security door after eating some Temptations in the bedroom, Janna has just returned from the supermarket with loaves of bread but she was unable to buy any margarine as it is all out of stock. I'll probably have to go out tomorrow and try and find some elsewhere.We have so many bare shelves here, it's terrible.

Pamela and Shelley, I hope you have a great Monday. If you are working today, please don't work too hard. I'll go and help Janna break up the loaves of bread for the birds now. I can hear them all chirping in the trees, waiting to be fed.

Oh yes, just have to tell you that Brenna has broken the little finger on her right hand. She got it caught in her car door. Ouch !!! She's had to take a few days off work this week. She's heading off to Raratonga in May for a week with the church, to do audiological work with the people there. She did it last year as well and really enjoyed it.They are all volunteering their time to help out, and the people there are very grateful and treat them well during their stay. She says Raratonga is beautiful, but very primitive, and the people are very friendly.

Enjoy your day and give all those furbabies a gentle tickle from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-04-2022, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: ANZAC DAY Monday.

Hi Dinky,

Happy Anzac day to you and the family

I hope Janna managed to get what you needed from the supermarket for the birds.

Your toy sounds lovely. There will be so many memories attached to it so i would want to keep it too. I would name teh toy VJ (venom junior)

I was working today then i took Mia out for a walk on our own which ive been doing recently as i want to do a bit of training with her as she is too strong on the lead when i walk her as she pulls so Steven walks her and i walk Barney. Ive actually got Mia walking to heel off lead beside me on a lot of paths where there isnt much in teh way of distraction and there are no roads or it is just small street ones we have to cross so she gets told to "wait" and she does until i tell her to heel and walk across the road. She is doing great!! also builds the relationship with us as well. TOnight we even had a play about on a grassy bit where i know she cant disappear to chase something so it was really nice. Then on lead for a bit as it was a street walk then back off when we were away from it. She is doing so well.

I quit running club today as well. I may go back to it at some point but iam really struggling with the motivation to do it just now.

Shelley, hows things with you? All good i hope

Take care ladies