Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-04-2022, 05:22 AM   #1

Dull Sunday.

Good morning ladies. Sunday afternoon here and it has clouded over, looking like rain is on the way. It was nice this morning though, but now that the sun's gone, it's getting chilly. Janna and I have started cleaning out the pool room, which is a small room attached to the garage. We used to have a big pool table in there years ago, but now it's just filled with junk. I found some old cook books that I'd forgotten I had ,but I'm chucking them as I really wouldn't be using them. There's also lots of kids toys, some shelving units, an old baby buggy, lawn mowers etc, which we don't want. I'm going through the toys and will keep some, as they bring back happy memories. I also found a very old wooden jointed doll that I believe belonged to my grandmother. The doll was called Mrs Palmer for some unknown reason. I remember that when I was a little girl, my mum kept Mrs Palmer in a china cabinet and I was allowed to play gently with her sometimes. Of course, I have to keep Mrs Palmer. It's just where to put her is the problem.

Now some not so good news. Yesterday, Brenna took me to her clinic and did a full hearing test on me. I think I may have told you that last year I started hearing the sound of my heartbeat in my ears. Lately it has been a lot worse, especially at night, and it was keeping me awake. it is a form of tinnitus. The tests showed that I have severe hearing loss in both ears, which I wasn't aware of at all. Evidently tinnitus can be caused by either hearing loss or the presence of a tumour. Luckily it is unlikely that I have a tumour, as I have none of the symptoms. Brenna fitted me with tiny hearing aids attuned to a certain frequency, to mask the tinnitus and I think so far it is helping. Unfortunately I am meant to remove them at night, which is when I really need them. She says that she's seeing a lot of people with tinnitus now, due to covid.

I saw the wee puppy yesterday as well. Oh gosh, he is so beautiful with silky soft fur. He kept trying to bite his ear all the time. I was amazed at how small he was (I'm used to large mastiff puppies), but he was so friendly and gentle. - I think I could have picked him up and taken him home with me quite easily. He's starting to settle in better at night now and sleeps a bit more.

Not sure what to have for tea tonight. Janna might go down and get a takeaway (Thai maybe) if it doesn't start raining., otherwise we'll just have scrambled eggs. I'm not in the mood for cooking tonight.

All cats are OK, including Dickens. On the way back from Brenna's yesterday, I called in at Animates pet store and spent over $80.00 on special urinary wet food pouches for Dick. It's a shame that he only will eat the gravy out of the pouch and I have to throw out the meaty bits because none of the cats will eat them. He's back to the vet on Wednesday, which I'm dreading ,as he gets so stressed, but at least it's only for a check up.

PAMELA, wow, a kettle that changes colour according to the water temperature. Wish we could get those here. I've got a Sunbeam Capri kettle which lights up blue when on, but that's the only colour it has. I bet you love watching your one go through the colours. it would look really good with the lights out in the kitchen.That's strange that you're not into your running at the moment, but you must do what feels right to you. You'll get back into it when the time is right. I bet you enjoyed your bike trip out with the ladies yesterday, especially as it was such a nice day. Good luck getting Steven a suit today. I'm sure he'll look very handsome. in it I'd love to see the new outfits you've got as well. I know that you'll look fantastic in them both. When are you going to Alton Towers ? Is it after the weddings/christening or before. ? That will be really exciting for both of you.

SHELLEY, well you'll be all settled in at home again now, and busy planning your next trip to the van. I do hope that your dad and Reuben are having a great time there and getting lovely weather, and that Howard has now fully recovered from covid.

I'm off now ladies, to go through another bag of old toys Gosh, every sound is heightened so much by these hearing aids - the clinking of the keyboard as I type, the birds chirping outside and some pesky child banging a ball across the road. Heck, I'm a real kill joy, aren't I ?

Have a fantastic Sunday Pamela and Shelley.