Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-04-2022, 05:57 AM   #1

Good Friday afternoon.

Good morning ladies.
It's a very quiet day here today. Everything is closed and there's no traffic on the roads. It's been another warmish day, but may rain tomorrow, so my cousin tells me. I was thinking about going to the church service this afternoon, but luckily I checked on the time and heard that it was cancelled due to covid. Such a shame.

My cat litter is yet to come. Cats are not happy with the alternative litter at all, but I'm sorry to say that's all there is. I'll have to buy some more of it tomorrow, as I doubt if the couriers are working over Easter.

Brenna and family are out of isolation tomorrow. Only Asher and Oren caught the virus, luckily. They're going to head off to Wanaka tomorrow to pick up their puppy.. Naming him Stanley. They wanted me to come down with them ,but I don't like to leave Dickens all day, as Janna will be out doing deliveries. It's a beautiful wee black and white spotted pup - just a tiny wee guy, with beautiful soulful eyes.

We went for a brief walk down to the river earlier and fed the ducks. Nobody around and it was so quiet. I pretended I had Willow walking beside me. She used to love going down to the river when she was younger. Silly of me, I know, but sometimes I feel that she's very close to me and today is one of those days. Going to have salmon, asparagus and a mixed salad for tea, with mangoes and custard to follow. Nice and easy.

PAMELA. I hope you had a great time with your dad at the museum on Wednesday. I guess you'll be having a few days off over Easter, so I bet you're looking forward to that. I hope that wee Skye is a bit more settled now after her big adventure. Have you got anything exciting planned over Easter ? It would be great to get out on the bikes if the weather is OK.

SHELLEY, I'm thrilled that Howard is now testing negative and at last he is able to get out and enjoy himself. Thank goodness you and Chris didn't catch it. It sounds as if you had a great day on Wednesday. That walk around the Loch must have been beautiful. No wonder you were all tired when you got back. I guess you'll be going out for your meal together tonight, so I hope it's a good one for you all. I know Howard will certainly enjoy it.

Well, I'm off to get the tea ready now.
Have a safe and relaxing Friday ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-04-2022, 09:37 AM   #2

Re: Good Friday afternoon.

Happy good Friday ladies.
Getting off to a slow start here today.
Whilst preparing the dogs breakfast I had a thought Dinky.
They are fed mostly complete food biscuits and we always soak in hot water on the advice of Malaikas breeder.
Could you maybe try that with the biscuits Dickens likes.
Not a perfect solution I know but if he'd eat them like that at least he'd be getting fluid?
Shame about the church service, our church did zoom when closed.
Not sure what we're doing today but out for a meal together this evening.
Pamela are you off on the bikes over Easter?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-04-2022, 08:11 PM   #3

Re: Good Friday afternoon.

Good evening ladies, sorry its so late in replying.

Dinky, glad to hear the family are out of isolation. The puppy sounds lovely!! Im sure you will get to meet him very soon!! The walk sounds lovely as well

Shelley, we also soak the dogs food in water so the food is softer for them. Maybe a good idea to try with Dickens as you saw Shelley?

I have no plans for Easter as such. I have a stall at a dog show tomorrow which i am looking forward to and i have my niece coming with me. She is currently up in my spare room watching TV and chatting to her friends online!! She is 18 so dont mind her doing her own thing as shes not a kid anymore. Will be nice to have company tomorrow though. Got snuffle mats, toys and also made up 2 doggy hampers with treats, a toy, 2 tennis balls, a ceramic bowl and a mug for the owner. Hopefully they sell. The last 2 i did sold.

Have a lovely Easter ladies