Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-04-2022, 05:47 AM   #1

Monday Daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley.
Monday afternoon here and an OK sort of a day - no rain, but not very warm either.I'm sitting here nursing a sore thumb where Dickens sunk his tooth into it this morning.. Gosh, I just about hit the roof ! I was trying to put a pill down his throat and was probably a bit slow off the mark. I won't mess around next time. It's not his fault, as he was so terrified. It's been throbbing all day, but at least it's stopped bleeding now. I'll just keep my eye on it as I don't want it to get infected. Think I've got some calendula ointment somewhere in the bathroom, so I'll go and look for it in a minute.

I managed to put away a lot of my jigsaws into the top of the hall cupboard this afternoon.They were looking really untidy in the back conservatory. Some I'll give away, because I won't be doing them again, but I can't get rid of my cat and dog ones.

We've found a small lump on Frederick's back leg. He doesn't like us touching it, but he's not limping or anything. I'm going to leave him for a while because I just can't face going back to the vet yet. Dickens has to see Michele again in a month, so I may take Freddie as well., unless it starts to trouble him and then I'll take him straight away.

All cats are having a lovely time out on the back lawn at night, chasing moths. They'll be going out again tonight. Dickens is usually the first one out there and it's nice to see him running around, happy for once.I just wish I could get him to eat a bit.

PAMELA, I do hope you are feeling a bit better today, after your relaxing day yesterday.Lots of people seem to get colds/chills when the seasons change, oddly enough, and they can be hard to shake off.I bet your dad is having a ball in Romania.. He won't want to come home. ! I hope wee Skye has settled down a bit now that she is back into a familiar routine again. How lovely that she was sleeping on your chest the other night. They get very heavy when they do that, don't they ?

SHELLEY,sorry that the weather may be turning a wee bit nasty for you, but I'm sure you'll be OK. At least you're on holiday and your time is your own. It's great that you can team up with your cousins
again. I hope you managed to eat out last night. I know prices have gone up worldwide (NZ food prices are very high now) but hey, it's your holiday, so you just enjoy it and eat out whenever you feel like it.That's part of the fun of being on holiday.

I'm off now to find that ointment and figure out what to have for tea. Wish I was better organized.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-04-2022, 05:57 PM   #2

Re: Monday Daily.

Good evening ladies,

Its been a chilly one here today with a bit of rain at times.

Aww Dinky hope you and Dickens are ok after this morning and that your thumb has settled down. I couldnt do a jigsaw for the second time either but i am glad you have got them looking tidy. Im sure Fredericks lump with be just a lump. Keeping everything crossed. I wouldnt rush back either. YOu have had soo much going on with DIckens.

Shelley, how are you enjoying being at the caravan? Have the prices gone up much down there? I hope you still manage to get out for a few meals. Like Dinky aid, you are on holiday!!

I am still constantly coughing, cannot get it to settle down. I think it may be a call to the doctor tomorrow. They still arent seeing patients here so it will be a best guess diagnosis over the phone.

My darling girl is enjoying being back on my legs at night or sleeping beside me. Harris has also still been cuddling in at night which is nice. Skye is like a lead balloon when she does it but she is 4.5kg!! when Harris does it you hardly feel him as he is only 3kg. Skye is currently sleeping on the dog bed in the living room so she is close to me. She never stays downstairs during the day but she has been in the living room constantly since she came home.

Enjoy your evening ladies, i am away to drink a cup of tea to heat me up!!