Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-04-2022, 04:28 AM   #1

Friday Daily.

Good morning ladies.
Friday afternoon here and it's been lightly raining on and off all day. I had a doctor's appointment this morning to review my medication. My BP has started to go up and down a bit again, and there doesn't seem to be a reason that the doctor can find. She's been changing my meds around a bit because of my high potassium levels (which are now back to normal), so maybe that has something to do with it. I feel OK though, but it will be good when the kidney scan has been done.I managed to do a bit of shopping while down at the mall. Gosh, food is so very expensive now and there are lots of products we just can't get. I bought some nice manuka honey and rosemary chicken steaks, which we like, and luckily there was some cat food there that my babies like, so I grabbed some of that as well.

Dickens is hanging in there. I'm getting better at giving him his meds now. Michele told me to do it quickly and not to mess around, and I think that's the right thing to do. He always gets a couple of Temptations afterwards and then he goes away and sulks.He's still not eating much wet food at all, but he did lick some kitten food off my fingers a wee while ago. He's lying on top of the cat tower now, watching me closely in case I approach him with a pill. !!!

The rest of last night's rissoles for tea tonight and I'll make a couscous salad to go with them. I'm trying to keep to a renal friendly diet but not sure exactly what is involved. I'll just have to wait to see what the scan reveals, if anything, and if necessary, I'll see a renal dietician for some tips.

PAMELA, I bet you had a wonderful sleep last night after your fantastic news. I know I did . Did Skye sleep with you or was she still a bit nervous after her ordeal ? I do hope she settles down OK now. I'm so pleased that you have your wee girl back. I also hope that your dad is feeling a bit better now and is on the road to recovery.

SHELLEY,hope you and your family are all OK and still enjoying the nice weather. Not long now until you'll be in Scotland. It will be lovely to get away for a while, especially when you've been busy at work. Have you been doing any more of your power walks lately ? I don't think my knees would cope very well with that. !!!

I'm off now to buy a couple more of the reusable FFP2 face masks online. Janna and I have 2 each of them, but they are so nice and comfortable that I'll get us another one each while they're on special.

Have a wonderful Friday Pamela and Shelley, and I hope the sun shines for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #2

Re: Friday Daily.

Hi Ladies, wonderful news about Skye, Pamela, I was so concerned and followed on fb.
Little minx, wonder what she's been up to.
Chris and his friend enjoyed bowling the other night, great fun.
Hoping my dad's elderly dog will be OK, he's back at the vets as he has an abscess behind his eye and possible glaucoma. My dad's been treating it with cream which is a struggle you will identify with.
Packing for Scotland today, we hope to set off early morning.
Dinky, no I didn't have dye injected, it was just an ultrasound.
I did when I had a ct or mri, not sure which in 2019 and yes it felt weird.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-04-2022, 01:19 PM   #3

Re: Friday Daily.

Good afternoon ladies,

It is a beautiful day here. Just sat in the garden with lunch today.

Dinky, i am glad that you have an easier way of giving Dickens his medication. I do hope they get to the bottom of the health issues you are having. You must be worried.

Shelley, glad Chris enjoyed his birthday. I do like bowling but havent been in such a long time. Will need to talk Steven into going!! I do hope your dads dog is ok.

Enjoy your trip to the caravan, i will meet you there one day as its only a couple of hours drive for us i believe.

I had a great sleep last night as my girl was curled up at or on my legs as she should be!! She has slept quite a bit since she has come home and has been hungry. She has also been very clingy with me. She hasnt left my side or when she has, she hasnt let me out of her sight. She has been sitting beside my work chair all day and has finally moved onto the dog bed in the living room but she can still see me from there. I am still feeling a bit miserable with this cold/throat bug i have got. Thankfully my throat isnt sore anymore its more the cold side of things that i am trying to get to lift. So hopefully they will start going with the help of pills and rest. Dad wants me to meet him in Edinburgh tomorrow which is an hours train ride away. He goes to Romania tomorrow with his friend which i am not convinced is a good idea due to only getting out of hospital on Tuesday but its his choice. He wants to pick something up and get me to take it home and keep it for him until he is home. Will see how i feel tomorrow though!!

Have a great weekend ladies