Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-03-2022, 03:33 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
It's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon here today, not too hot but just nice. Washing is all out on the line and probably ready to be brought it by now.Dickens is sleeping out in the back conservatory after a gruelling experience with his medication. He ends up wearing a lot of it around his neck, which is now a shade of ginger !!! His breathing has been OK, not too rapid, his bladder is OK at the moment but he is still eating hardly anything and definitely not the urinary food.He's back to see Michele on Wednesday and I'm hoping that she'll cut back on his frusemide a bit ,as it's so hard to give him it while he is choking and gagging. Other cats are all fine.

My kidney levels have not risen unfortunately and so my doctor is going to send me to the hospital for a kidney scan. She doesn't know why my levels are so low as all my other blood results are normal.Hopefully the scan won't show up anything bad.

I haven't been doing anything much ,as I don't want to leave Dickens alone for long. I watch him through the day and Janna watches him at night so we know he is using his litter box and his breathing is OK. I don't cope with things well when one of my pets get sick. I know I could lose Dickens at any time, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything possible for him for as long as I do have him.

PAMELA,I'm so sorry to hear the news about your dad. At least he is in the best place and can be monitored. I do hope that these infections can be brought under control quickly with the right medication and he will soon be home again. I hope the doctors were able to shed some light on what's going wrong with your dad yesterday. There are a lot of people praying for him every day, Pamela. I know your dad had covid recently, so is there a chance that he may now have "long covid" ? it seems to be quite prevalent here in NZ and can cause an array of horrid symptoms throughout the body. Anyway, we're all thinking of him and you at this time. I hope your sister and niece have now recovered and Skye's eye is all healed up now. I'm glad you're managing to get some nice sunny weather, not that you'll have much chance to enjoy it with everything that's going on.

SHELLEY, I'm pleased that the future of your dolls club is now all settled and you have a new venue for the meetings.That's a load off everyone's mind.Fancy not buying anything at the Surrey doll fair last weekend, but I'm pleased that you were able to sell some items.I think that today is Mothers Day for you, so I hope you have a wonderful lunch with your son,and his fiancee and enjoy meeting her mum.AND you must really be looking forward to getting away to Scotland for 2 weeks soon.Are Chris and the pups coming with you ?

Well ladies, I'm off to check that washing. Pork, pineapple and bacon rissoles for tea tonight and I'll do lots of veges .I just feel like something healthy for a bit.

Have a great Sunday and may the sun shine on you both today.