Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #1

That Izzi . . .

. . . . . Izzi asked to get out at 6am this morning. So she had her breakfast and off she went.

I had a full day of gutting the bedroom planned but have done nothing since noon - why?? because Izzi was nowhere to be found, lunch came and went as did dinner and supper.

Naturally I can do nothing except wander round calling on her and fretting.

She has just arrived home, demanding to be let in the window, demanding to be fed and ignoring the fretting owner completely. She is now in front of the fire completing her ablutions before, I am sure, cuddling down for the night.

Why oh why does she do this to me -

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #2

Re: That Izzi . . .

..... Because she can

Amber would be the same. I like them in out of the cat run before dark, Amber will refuse to come in, I call, coax, bribe with tasty treats - all to no avail. Come 10pm I let the dogs out in hope she thinks it's bed time. Sometimes it works but not always, she comes in tail held high as if she's the regal presence we all bow down to (mum says I am too soft). Other evenings, midnight comes and goes, 1am & I fret that I must get her in, worst scenario - 2am .....

Amber is a huntress, watcher, silent assassin (I suspect), she does her own thing. Expects her subjects to fawn over her when she is about but will only give affection on her terms

I suspect in a previous life she was a titled aristocrat - lady of the manor

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #3

- lol - yes, you are right - because she can.

Amber and Izzi sound so similar. Breagh is so different - for sisters they are truely chalk and cheese!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #4

It's probably just as well I've always lived in an area where it was unsafe for cats to run free. I doubt if I could stand it having them out till the wee hours ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
31-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #5

*hugs* Not so much fun that...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #6

Oh CM! Velvet's comment "Because she can" is spot on. Izzy is just being a very natural young cat, she is inquisitive and a huntress and a live wire. There really is nothing to be done - you wouldn't want to shut her in would you? It is very hard for you. Thank goodness Breagh is a different character.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
It's probably just as well I've always lived in an area where it was unsafe for cats to run free. I doubt if I could stand it having them out till the wee hours ....
It is so hard sometimes. My Misty was a house cat through her choice - much more relaxing! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
*hugs* Not so much fun that...
Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Oh CM! Velvet's comment "Because she can" is spot on. Izzy is just being a very natural young cat, she is inquisitive and a huntress and a live wire. There really is nothing to be done - you wouldn't want to shut her in would you? It is very hard for you. Thank goodness Breagh is a different character.
You are right, I know this - when she is in and around. However, logic flies out the window when it is 17 hours since last spotted. She has been out again since 7am and has just been spotted sitting on the fence, in the pitch black, washing behind her ears. When I called her she just looks as if to say - don't bother me please I'm busy. What a girl. And no, I see how happy she is in her outdoor world so I could not keep her in (maybe I could discuss compromise with her??)

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #8

I wish you luck in your discussion CM!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #9

Calismum my Chesi is the same!
I've recently tried to keep him in at night and under safe surveillance, but it seems to be stressing him out a little. So we've reached a compromise; he goes out when I let him out, cat flap locked one way, so when he goes out last thing he's not out all night. Then at 6 a.m or some other wee hour when the lane's very quiet he'll ask to go out again. He been used to being out all night. He's since put on weight as he is so used to going on his nocturnal forays. He'll now cry wanting to go out again, hates using the litter tray, so I give in..It's against his nature, he's a true nocturnal and this is how he gets his stimulation and exercise, despite having his mad 15 mins playing with his toys each day/night. It started when he had his op and he was in for so long, I thought this would be a good opportunity to keep him inside more, where at least I know where he is. (He went missing one night for 3 days and 4 nights a few months ago), but..old habits die hard. He's usually on the bed by morning gently snoring away. Admitedly this is the best sight of the day when I wake up, to find my 2 cats safe..so I know where you're coming from CM..

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #10

Yes, every morning OH and I check with each other to make sure one of us has seen Kizzy and/or Pip. They are both still young and healthy and come and go at all times. As the weather gets colder, they do tend to stay in at nights.