Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
28-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #1

Do ginger cats attract other cats?

Since I got Oliver last year, we seem to have 2 more gingers hanging around the place. One of them is the double of Oliver, but has a grumpy look on his face! It stays at a house at the end of our street, but it seems to always be hanging around ours. Then thers ginge who has almost moved in. No other cats hang around, only those ginger ones. Am sure it must have something to do with the colouring! The grumpy one was on his way in with a dead mouse a wee while ago. I had to hunt him cos we have enough of those to deal with, thanks to Olly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Do ginger cats attract other cats?

Can't venture a guess about that; my childhood cat was the only ginger I've ever had and I don't recall other cats hanging about .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #3

Don't suppose Pip counts as he's really more white than ginger. I don't think there are any ginger cats in our area.

Interesting theory though and as "birds of a feather flock together", who knows, it could be true!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #4

My previous cat, Sam was an all ginger tabby. Although there were a couple of other ginger cats around the area, I was never aware of any cats at all hanging around our garden.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
28-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

I didnt know of any other ginger cats until Oliver. Then suddenly these ginger cats are appearing at my door! Poor Benny, hes black and white. Hes more or leass moved across the road. I hope it isnt anything racial! lol