Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #1

More than you thought...

I was just wondering what if anything you think you have gained from joining this site?

I log on here and its like chatting to friends, yes I know its online and anyone can see what we say but here it feels like people care for each other unlike other sites. Maybe its because we are reasonably small numericaly.

Well what if anything have you gained and would you miss it if it "did not exsist anymore.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #2

Re: More than you thought...

As you say Karen, I have made friends, even if they are only 'cyber' lol! And I would miss the little details, like how things are going in their lives, tales of the cats and the company of like minded people. After all, I bet like me you are known as the mad cat lady lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #3

I would like to think that I have gained many friends and confidants too. Its good to share pet stories as well as personal ones. The advice and chat is open and honest which is something I respect. The humour is varied which again is something I like and respect.
I have been a mamber of, and still am, of several forums but this seems to be the one I have stuck with the longest and chatted on the most.
I would certainly miss it, if it were to be no longer here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #4

I have a sense of 'belonging' on this site, I feel safe with what I say and I feel supported by all of the members. I feel I can ask about anything but most of all you understand my love of the feline, furryness.

I also feel I have friends here that i worry and care about (speaking of which not heard from Jac in a while anyone know how her back is???)

I was welcomed immediately by all of you and that is the difference here to other sites.
So thankyou Catsey members

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #5

I too have made lots of friends here, I have also gained so much more knowledge about cats ........some breeds I had never heard of before, illnesses that cats can get, little tips on their welfare .......

I have gained more knowledge, mainly due to Smudgley's involvement with CPL, of stray cats, homeless and feral cats and how important it is to be a sensible cat owner.

However I have also lost something through Catsey........ time!!! I am forever trying to catch up on my household jobs now!!

To answer your final question "Would you miss it?"................now let me see I'll have to think about that one!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #6

I too have made many friends, think of Catsey as my social life....Learned a lot about Cats....
I know there is always someone here if I have a problem, and if I need cheering up too....
And as Kazz says its online, but I do feel people on here a genuine, its a very caring board...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #7

The feeling of belonging. Being among friends I've never met nor will, but whom I care about and feel they care about me. The knowledge I've gained about breeds and illnesses; tricks to cope with things..Funny stories, sad stories. Beautiful pics. People who have gone out of their way to help with tech problems that seemed insurmountable to me, a very nontechy person....
I would be very unhappy and diminished if it vanished.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #8

Catsey stories have put a tear in my eye at times and a lump in my throat but also a smile and a chuckle and sometimes a real laugh. I feel like others have said a sense of belonging and knowing that if you ever have any worries about your cat (or probably anything else) you can post and people will get back to you. They do say a problem shared is a problem halved and I find that to be true.

Not forgetting all the lovely pictures and more knowledge about cats and their quirks and being pointed in the direction of other really useful websites.

Oh, and making new cyber friends who feel as if they live just down the road. Thanks to you all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #9

I have made some 'real' friends and by that I mean people whom I have met in the flesh and are so very genuine and very nice. I have also met some whom do not meet my expectations. Has Catsey changed my life? well, no it hasn't but I do enjoy 'tuning' in every day. I do think that as the board grows, it does become less personal and it certainly isn't the place it once was but I guess it was inevitable that it would go this way

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #10

I've gained so much from this site. Being among kindred spirits who know exactly what you mean when you talk about your furry babies and how much you love them.

I would never have found my little cuddlebug Fizz without Smudgely

And a huge thing for me - acceptance and understanding when I've talked about my mental health problems.

There are so many special people on this Forum that it would truly be a loss if it didn't exist!