Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-01-2022, 07:36 AM   #1

Monday Daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Monday evening here and it's been around 23 degrees. it's still very hot outside but air con is going and cats are all OK.We haven't had tea yet, as I was reading a new book and time got away on me. Tea should be ready soon though. - chicken and veges tonight with jelly to follow.It will be good on such a hot night. I hear that on Wednesday, it's going to get up to 31 degrees which is going to be horrid. My poor cats will hate it.

I haven't heard back from Paul, the guy who is going to install the blinds, but hope he gets on to it smartly as we really need them in the lounge here. I might actually hang a blanket up at the windows tomorrow. It won't look nice but it will block out that fierce sunlight in the afternoon.

I went for a walk early this morning before it got too hot, but the bakery I went to wasn't open and won't be open until the 25th. . I came home slowly as my toe was sore. It's still really bruised, but at least I can move it a bit better now.

I've been thinking about that poor woman from the UK who has been caught in the tidal wave in Tonga.
She and her husband run a dog rescue centre in Tonga, and went to rescue their dogs, when she was swept away. Her husband managed to cling to a tree, but there has been no sign of her or the dogs. I pray that they will all be found safe and well. There is so much tragedy in the world. Because we are close to Tonga, our coastline experienced high waves and dangerous tidal surges and everyone was warned to keep away from the beaches. I think that warning has been lifted now.

PAMELA, I can't believe that Barney is now 14 years old. He is doing so well ,so you must be doing everything right. Good for him. I don't blame you for leaving his lumps alone. They're not affecting his quality of life at all, and he's perfectly happy. Leave well enough alone. My cousin feels the same way about her Goldie. I suppose you've now made those 2 extra snuffle mats by now. Whoever invented snuffle mats must be a genius, coz they're great . Willow LOVED hers and got so much pleasure from it. You're facing a bit of a dilemma over Harris wanting to go out at night. He must have the wander lust in his blood, I think. What a worry for you, but still you can't have him attacking wee Skye and making her life a misery. Would a Feliway diffuser help calm him at night and make him a bit more mellow ? Or maybe some of those RC Calm cat biscuits ? I suppose you've tried everything anyway. Shutting him up on his own at night may help, but then he might yowl all night and keep everyone awake. I know you'll sort out the best solution Pamela.

SHELLEY, sounds as if you had a beautiful walk on Saturday with the dogs. It must be funny when Malaika stops and refuses to walk any more. I'm sure she's not lazy, the poor dog. I'm glad that her lumps are all OK. Most dogs get them anyway and I'm sure most are benign. It's always such a relief when no vet treatment is necessary. I've just bought "The Haunting of Sharon Tate" on trademe. As you say it's really spooky, I know I'm going to love it. Thanks for the recommendation. Is it the same Sharon Tate who was killed by Charles Manson's gang ? I'm really looking forward to it arriving ,although it may be a while because our mail service is so very slow.

Well, I'm off to take the chicken out of the oven now. Hopefully it should be cooked by now.
Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #2

Re: Monday Daily.

Hi Dinky

PLease send some of your warm sunshine here!! Its sunny but its cold! I do hope you and the cats are ok in the hot temperatures tomorrow

Please be careful when you are walking if your toe/foot is sore! Dont overdo it. I heard about the tidal wave last night and read that it hit NZ as well, i am glad you are ok. I hope the lady and her pets are found.

Harris was better behaved last night. He slept right through and came into us about 530am where e just cuddled up with me and went back to sleep. I dont want to lock him away as he will make noise during the night. The neighbours have previously said they have heard him when we are out! Thankfully they are animal lovers but dont want to risk disturbing them during the night as well. He did get out a bit more yesterday so i think that helped.

Shelley, glad Malaika's lumps are all ok as well. I hope you enjoyed your horror movie. Not my thing although Steven loves them!!

I have made my first batch of 13 snuffle mats and the last 2 are being picked up tonight. I have 6 more that have been ordered but it wont take long to do them. I should hopefully start my new shifts next week. I am doing longer days but with a day off during the week which means i can spend more time with my dad which is something i really want to be able to do.

I better think about going back to my desk. Have a good day ladies