Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-01-2022, 04:05 AM   #1

Friday Daily.

Good morning ladies and welcome to Friday. It's been a nice sunny day here today after raining heavily all night and everything smells fresh. I love it after the rain. I've taken down the blinds in the lounge and kitchen. They were old Venetians and had seen better days. I'm going to get some new window coverings but not sure what exactly. Choosing between drapes, slim line Venetians ,roller blinds or verticals. I have samples of the colours available and think I'll have alabaster. I've been trying to do the measurements myself but you'd need to be a brain surgeon to understand the instructions, so have rung a local handyman who is coming round to measure up for me and then I can send them off to the blind company.

Dickens is happier and is using his litter box, although still not doing much, despite drinking well. He still gets very agitated and I'm a bit worried about a visit from a gardener , Robert, who is coming on Tuesday to cut back all my trees etc. The vibrations will drive him crazy. Miracle's leg is a bit better. She limps sometimes, especially when she jumps down off something and so we try to discourage her from climbing.

Paddy is arriving in Christchurch tomorrow ,for the weekend. He's staying with Brenna overnight. Not sure if I'll see him or not, but I would love to. It's really up to him. I also had a visit from my Wellington cousin, David, on Wednesday. He was down in Christchurch with his partner to see the sights. He had morning tea with me and Dickens made a great fuss of him. David speaks very quietly and he loves cats and Dickens wasn't afraid of him at all. The others all took off but not Dickens.

PAMELA, did you manage to get some new fish for the kitchen tank the other day ? I bet that tank looks beautiful.. You'll be getting into that new work role now. I hope it's everything you dreamed of. They say that a change is as good as a holiday, so go for it. Yes, my muslin quilt arrived and it's lovely and cool for these hot nights, but the mastiff blanket is coming from US and will take at least 6 weeks. Our mail service is terrible.

SHELLEY, please say "Happy Birthday" to Kwame from me and I hope that both pups look splendid in their new coats.The old well house at Tockholes must have been lovely to revisit, and would have brought back many happy memories of earlier family visits. I hope it hadn't changed too much.

Have a great day ladies and stay safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-01-2022, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: Friday Daily.

Hi Dinky,

Glad ot hear that Dickens is using his tray and drinking well. Glad Miracles leg is better. We have the same issue with Barney when he jumps down from teh couch it can cause him to limp as can the stairs which is why i now work downstairs.

I do hope you get to see Paddy, would be lovely for you!! Your visit from your cousin sounds lovely too Must be a nice person if Dickens took to him!!

We woke up to snow this morning and a decent covering of it. Dogs loved it out on their walk. I am 3 days into my new job, last 2 days have been slow with training but today is more full on which is great!

Going for dinner with my friend tonight, we have been going to do it since my birthday and just never been able to.

I didn't get my fish as there was none that i really saw and wanted. Will go again soon.

Shelley i hope Kwame has a lovely birthday today