Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Good morning ladies. It's been VERY hot today and there has been a heat alert put out for the next two days. Gosh, I hate this weather, but at least the air con is brilliant and keeps the lounge really cold. My cousin came round today for lunch - cheese rolls and a wee bit of the chinese takeaway left over from last night. We finished it off for our tea tonight.

Dickens still isn't going to the toilet very much at all and today, he hasn't eaten much either.However he's waiting out the back now, ready to go outside, so perhaps he's feeling a bit better. AND now Miracle is limping badly on her front leg and holding it up. I have a very high cat tower that reaches up to the ceiling and she likes to sleep in the very top basket, so I'm hoping that she's just jumped down and sprained her leg. I'll keep an eye on her anyway and see what she's like on Wednesday when Michele is there again.

Going to do a big grocery shop tomorrow, but will need to go out early before it gets too hot.

Nothing much else to report today. I heard from my son, Paddy, who says he'll be in Christchurch on 8/9 January to make a croquet film and if he finishes early, he MIGHT pop in to see me. I felt like telling him not to bother, but I replied nicely and said that I would love to see him, but if he can't make it, I quite understand !!! I think with Paddy, it's better to step back and let him make the moves. If I start begging him to come, then he'll deliberately refuse. Of course I will be upset if he doesn't come, but he won't know that.. I do have some gifts for the children but even if he does come round, there's no guarantee that he'll take them.

Oh yes,I forgot to tell you that I bought a lovely blanket with a big English Mastiff on it, for my bed, today. It's coming from America, so it will take ages to get here, but that's OK. I think it will go nicely with my muslin quilt.

PAMELA, hope you had a great New Years day and did something that you love.Hopefully you'll be off work for a few days now and then back to do that new job. Good for you.

SHELLEY, wow, the dog coats certainly arrived so quickly, and I bet they're beautiful. Your two pups will be the flashest dogs in town. AND I do know how annoying noisy neighbours can be. Let's hope that those kiddies don't visit their grandparents too often.

Have a super day both of you, and stay safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-01-2022, 10:00 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Morning Ladies,

Dinky sounds like a lovely new years day for you

Sorry to hear Dickens still isnt using his tray. Did he "go" when he was outside? I do hope Miracle's leg is just a strain or a twist and nothing serious.

I will keep everything crossed that Paddy comes to visit you. It would be lovely for you to see him after so long. Also hoping he appreciates the gifts for the children and takes them home for them. Your blanket sounds lovely!! I do wish it was easier to post photos on here. You should join a certain social media site so you can post photos

Shelley you new year also sounds lovely. Hopefully teh noisy neighbours let you sleep last night!!

We just had a quiet day yesterday in the house after our walk. A wee trip to Tesco to get something for breakfast to cook but that was it.

We are enjoying being able to have a lie in in the morning just now. We are not waking up until around 8am which never happens with us. The new mattress is working wonders!! Our plan today is to walk teh dogs. Im hoping we do the shorter walk as there are a few shops i want to go to and the bog walk takes over 90mins and we rent even dressed yet(and its 9am!!) so by the time we get ready it would be after 11am by the time we got home then got ready and the shops close at 4pm today. I want to get fish for our tank in the kitchen as there has only been 3 in it for well over a year and its a big corner tank so looks very empty!! I also want to go to one of the motorbike shops to get Stevens birthday present but need to try hide the fact that i am buying it so may need to just buy myself something nice and new so i can hide it haha.

Anyway ladies, enough waffle from me!! Have a fantastic day