Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #1

New Years Day Saturday.

Good morning ladies and a Happy New year to you both.it's 7.15pm here and it's been a super day weather wise - warm but with a slight breeze that made it more comfortable. I did loads of washing including bed sheets and they got beautifully dry, thank goodness.We had Chinese takeaways tonight for tea (Janna's favourites) and we've got enough left over for tomorrow night's tea.

Dickens has slept most of the day. He's on metacam and temgesic pain relief which totally zonks him. I think it's too much, so I'm just going to give him metacam tomorrow and see how he goes. He hasn't used the litter box all day, but as I said ,the medication knocked him out. He's just starting to come round a bit now.

We had a great evening last night at Brenna's, with a lovely meal of roast pork and roast turkey. Everyone went for a swim in the pool except me, as I don't like water.However, I did relent and went into the spa pool, which was very relaxing.

The new wee kitten, Fiasko, is adorable, as all kittens are, and I was pleased to see that the children were leaving him alone. He's quite a bold wee character and doesn't seem fazed by all the noise.

PAMELA,I'm glad you had a nice time at Steven's sister's place the other night. I thought you would once you got there.You'll be so looking forward to starting that new work shortly,I know. Not long to go now.

SHELLEY, I hope the pups had a good walk at the nature reserve. Are they able to go off-lead at all ? I hope the dog coats arrive in time for Kwame's birthday .

I hope you both had a peaceful new years eve at home last night. I have neighbours across the road who insisted on playing musical instruments outside . They were still going at 1pm. I don't know them as they are just renting the property. I think they're from Latin America. They're actually very good musicians ,but I wish they'd tone it down a bit after midnight. One of them was playing his oboe outside until well after 3pm and it sounded so mournful.

KAZ and YOLA, I hope that you are both well, had a great Christmas and all the very best for 2022.

Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #2

Re: New Years Day Saturday.

Happy new year ladies.
We enjoyed our walk yesterday and when we arrived back, Malaikas coat had arrived, perfect.
Got one for Kwame too but he will have to wait for Jan 7th,lol.
In answer to your question the other day Dinky, Basenjis only come into season once a year usually in the autumn, so loads of basenji birthdays this time of the year.
Peaceful evening, apart from my neighbours noisy grandkids screaming and shouting way after midnight.
Hope Dickens feels better soon.
Pamela, hope you had a lovely evening.