Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
31-12-2021, 04:39 AM   #1

Christmas Eve Friday.

Good morning ladies, and welcome to the last day of 2021. it's nearly 4pm here, and Brenna is coming round at 5pm to pick us all up and take us out to her place for tea. She's the taxi service for tonight. I've made my fruit flan but went out this morning and bought a French Vanilla cheesecake (I'm in charge of the desserts). Not going to be away long as I don't want to leave Dickens.

My poor Dickens went to the vet this afternoon. He was in obvious pain this morning and I couldn't leave him like that. Luckily, Michele was on. Dickens still has no temperature but his urine is full of blood and she still feels that it's stress cystitis, bought on by all the noise on xmas day. I think I'll have to live like a hermit, and not have anyone round. Dickens is also a very big (HUGE) cat and now weighs just over 9 kg. Michele said that his weight might not be helping his problem, so Dickens will be going on a diet starting from tomorrow. He doesn't look fat, just big, with huge paws. I'm not telling him that he's going on a diet coz he'll be all embarrassed and it will hurt his feelings. It's probably all the kitten biscuits that he eats, which are high in fat .Anyway, Michele has managed to get a bag of RC Calm cat biscuits from the North Island and they are being sent down to Christchurch for me. Hopefully they'll come soon.

PAMELA,I'm so pleased that you love your new mattress. Money well spent. It is such a lovely feeling getting into bed with nice freshly washed bedding. I think you always seem to have a better sleep somehow. How did you get on at Steven's sister's place last night. ? I bet you enjoyed it once you got there. To be honest, I'd rather stay home tonight as well and just be with the cats and watch some TV, but Brenna is looking forward to us all coming and my cousin and sister haven't seen Brenna's new house yet, so I really have to go. I hope your dad has a great time at Glencoe with his friend.

SHELLEY ,I hope Malaika had a wonderful birthday yesterday and got thoroughly spoiled. Lucky dog, getting a nice new coat. Why are Basenji dogs only born at this time of the year ? I know they are African hunting dogs, so does it have something to do with the climate ? They are very interesting dogs, that's for sure.

Well ladies ,I'm off to celebrate New Years Eve. I'll let you know what it was like tomorrow.In the meantime, enjoy the last day of 2021, and let's hope 2022 brings us all sunshine and joy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-12-2021, 09:03 AM   #2

Re: Christmas Eve Friday.

Morning Dinky and Shelley

Dinky you will probably still be at Brenna's just now. Not long until 2022 for you guys!! Thats really nice of her to be the driver tonight for you

Sorry to hear poor Dickens has been unwell again. I hope its just a temporary setback and he is on the mend soon. Hopefully the biscuits arrive soon as well.

Shelley like Dinky i hope Malaika has a lovely birthday and likes her new jacket. Do you have any plans for tonight?

I am starting work at 830am as i am joining my teams meeting again this morning then on to my own job for my 2nd last shift. Cant wait to start my new job now!

Last night was nice. There was 6 adults, Stevens 2 sisters and their husbands and us. Of course baby Lucy and her big sister Elie were there along with Stevens other sisters 2 older kids. Had a chinese takeaway and we just all sat chatting for a few hours.

Have a lovely evening ladies and all the best for 2022

We are having a quiet night at home. Looking forward to it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #3

Re: Christmas Eve Friday.

Morning, unlike you Pamela I'm having a lazy start.
Later we will be taking the dogs to a local nature reserve a short drive away.
This evening will be spent at home.
Glad your mattress is a success and sounds like you had a lovely time last night with family.
Dinky, hope your new year went well and hope Dickens is better soon.
Here's to a brilliant 2022