Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #1

Holiday Tuesday.

Good morning everyone. Tuesday evening here and it's been raining most of the day. Not too cold though. I love this sort of weather. I've had a lovely day trying to assemble my new steam mop that Brenna and Jared got me. Gosh, it's a complicated one ! I finally managed to put it together - it came in three parts - and ran it over the wooden kitchen floor and the bathroom tiles and it did a great job.

My kitchen tap has broken (the cold one) and I can't get any cold water out of it. The hot section is working just fine. I'll ring a plumber tomorrow and get a new tap put in, and will get him to install a water filter on it. I've been using a filter jug for drinking water for us and the cats, but it's not really big enough.He probably won't be able to come for a while as a lot of tradesmen are on holiday, but at least I can book someone.

Bad news - Dickens isn't well again. he started going funny last night and so far today, he is still unable to go to the toilet. I think it was the stress of all the noise on Christmas day. He is eating if I hand feed him ,so I'm giving him lots of wet food ,along with his pills and metacam. If he still hasn't been by tomorrow, I'll have to take him to the vet AGAIN, which stresses him out even more. I'm kinda worried because I've got a gardener coming in the new year to cut back all the trees etc and I'm hoping the noise won't freak him out too much. Even though he can't hear ,he can sense the vibrations and he's so nervous. Michele has suggested that he go on anti- depressants. I've never heard of a cat on those, but evidently it's quite common. !!!

PAMELA, it sounds as if you and Steven had a lovely Christmas day. I like the PJ's idea - so comfortable. How nice that Steven is going to be baby Lucy's godfather. I bet he's pleased. Did you manage to get a new mattress for your bed? Hopefully you won't have to replace the whole bed. My cousin bought me a cluster puff mattress topper for my mattress when they were on sale last year and although my mattress is a good one, this cluster puff has made it heavenly, like sleeping on an eiderdown. How is Barney's paw now ? I hope it's a lot better.

SHELLEY,I'm pleased you ,too, had a lovely Christmas ,but I'm so very sorry to hear the news about your friend's daughter. I feel for your friend and her family who must be grief stricken during what should be a beautiful time of year. I know you will be upset for them too.
I'm glad you enjoyed the midnight communion service on Christmas Eve. My one was beautiful too, although it was at 7pm.
My cousin has been feeding her dog cooked pumpkin along with chicken and the poor dog is a little better tonight, but it keeps hitting her again. She's also going back to the vet, who, in my opinion, seems useless. Your Kwame and Pamela's Barney both sound very much like Willow, who really hated other dogs (and people as well !). It's always a worry when they're reactive like that, I know.

Good news - Dickens has just used the litter box - only a little bit, but it's the first time today, and it's better than nothing !!! Gosh I never thought that I'd ever be on an internet forum discussing the toilet habits of one of my cats !!!

Have a fantastic Monday ladies, stay safe and hope the sun shines for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #2

Re: Holiday Tuesday.

Morning Pamela and evening Dinky.
It's a rainy Tuesday today.
I'm so pleased Dickens managed to use his tray, hope it's the start of things improving for him, poor chap.
Going to take the dogs a small walk this morning, then we need a small food shop.
Last night we went to neighbours for a buffet and had a lovely evening.
Pamela, have you managed to get a new mattress yet, nothing worse than waking up sore.