Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #1

Bank holiday Monday

Morning everyone.

Im not long up, first we have slept to nearly 8am in the morning in a long time!! I let Steven lie in as he has done it for me many times. Had a lovely time at Stevens folks yesterday. PLenty of playing with the pup and of course the baby. Steven was asked to be Lucy's godfather so he is over the moon.

We are going looking for a new bed/mattress today as i am waking up sore in the morning and i think it is our mattress. Its not that old, only had it 5 years but it is an ikea one so not sure how long they are good for. Also need to do a food shop.

Dinky sounds like you got spoiled over christmas. Glad to hear it I do hope your cousins dog is ok and gets better soon. It is horrible to see them poorly. AT least the vet isnt too concerned.

Hopefully Brenna's children learn to respect the cats. They do need to learn. Glad the cats are fine today. They will enjoy the house being back to normal!!

Shelley i hope you had a wonderful christmas day and boxing day with your family xx

Take care ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #2

Re: Bank holiday Monday

Hello Dinky and Pamela, thank you for the Christmas wishes, sounds like you both had a lovely Christmas.
I did too but had to make the decision to come offline from Christmas eve, more on that later.
Managed midnight communion for the first time ever, very nice and peaceful.
Had a lovely Christmas day with my eldest son, fiancee, my dad and us three.
Bit tricky with the dogs as Kwame would unfortunately attack my dad's dog so had to spend time locked in the bedroom or be brought out on a lead.
I stayed offline as my friends daughter sadly passed away on Christmas day and I could no longer bear to keep checking the fb group for news.
It would have meant I couldn't enjoy the day with my family.
Back in touch now and she knew the group would support if needed.
Dinky, your day sounds lovely if not hectic, lol
Tell your cousin that cooked pumpkin is very good for canine stomachs.
Pamela, your day sounded good too, I bet Steven is delighted to be a godfather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #3

Re: Bank holiday Monday

Aww Shelley i am so sorry to hear of your friends daughters passing. Thinking of you and also her family.

I am glad you still had a nice day with your family.

I can understand how stressful it must have been with Kwame as Barney can be the same so we tend not to take them with us if there is another dog in the house.

Take care x