Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Hi everyone, Thursday early evening here and it's been a pleasant day, but not too hot.I did a bit more shopping at the local vege shop today and managed to get some nice strawberries to put on top of the pavlova on Christmas day. The great Christmas Cleanup will now start and finish tomorrow, I'm afraid. So much for my week of cleaning that I had planned to do. it was just too hot.Tomorrow, I'll give the rooms a quick clean and tidy up, then I've got to go to New World and pick up the chickens and salad that I ordered. I think I'll prepare the veges tomorrow night after church and then I just need to cook them on Christmas day. It's only going to be around 21 degrees tomorrow, so I should be able to get something done.

I'm still waiting on some gifts to arrive by courier, but it doesn't look hopeful that they'll arrive in time. My muslin quilts are now stuck at the airport in Christchurch and hopefully will arrive tomorrow .I managed to get some shark and mermaid tail blankets for 3 of my grandchildren and they arrived today, thank goodness, but a couple of toys that i ordered for them haven't come as yet.We'll see what tomorrow brings.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that your friend, Neil, has passed on. What a shock for you and his family. AND another friend in and out of hospital and another friend's daughter very ill. That's shocking news. I pray that they will recover . Gosh, we moan and groan about such insignificant things, and there are families out there that are really ,really suffering.. Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

PAMELA, I guess you are finishing up at work for the year either today or tomorrow. You'll be pleased .How is Barney's paw ? Is he feeling any better now ?. I hope so.

I'm going to wrap up a couple of presents now and then think about anything extra that I need to buy in the way of food for Christmas day. I've now got 8 adults coming as well as children and I'm just not sure if 2 large chickens are going to be enough. I'll have to rethink this. Wish me luck .

Have a great day ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Hi Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky i do hope your parcels arrive especially as they are for the little ones. You will be looking forward to getting your quilt! hopefully it will come tomorrow for you. Please feel free to send some of your heatwave over here as it wet and cold here just now.

Shelley i have noticed the ads as well, i did PM mags a while ago about it but never heard back from her. It spoils the forum a but as you need to close them down before you can do anything!
Iam so sorry to hear about the passing of your friends and that your friends daughter is very poorly. I do hope she gets through it.

I finish up tomorrow at 5pm. Its been a long week! I started at 715am this morning instead of 9am as the mailbox i am working was very busy and i am on it primarily on my own and i am not fully trained up on it.

Barneys paw is much better. We still have no idea what has happened but he isnt biting at it and it is healing nicely. Keeping it protected when we are out on our walks to help keep it clean and we are using an antiseptic spray on it after daily cleans.

We got our christmas food shop done on Tuesday so we are prepared for our day of eating once we get home after visiting

Have a great day