Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2021, 05:33 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily.

Hi ladies. Wednesday afternoon here and another hot, hot day. I've got the air con on and the lounge is nice and cool. Cats are lying on the kool mat together and not fighting for once in their lives. It's been an uneventful day - really is too hot to do anything except moan ,and I'm good at that. I hope my muslin quilt arrives soon because it so very hot at night, It makes sleeping impossible.

I'm having trouble with a courier company. i tend to buy a lot of things online as I don't like crowds, but the couriers who deliver them are very busy and nothing is coming. Some boxes of soap which I bought ages ago were posted on 16th from Auckland ,after their lockdown lifted, but haven't even left Auckland yet. The mail is so slow. Something else I bought on 17th was picked up that same day by the courier but has not yet made it to the depot for scanning. Where the parcel is remains a mystery. It had toys for my grandchildren in it, which is disappointing.

Elliot, my neighbour called in to say a final goodbye a while ago. Lauren has taken the children to her mother's and is living there, but Elliot and Sadie ,his dog, are now homeless. He does have an old motor home that he can live in. His parents are not pleased with his behaviour over the breakup, and so he's not welcome there.I felt really sorry for him as he seems so lost. I was very tempted to say he could stay here for a while, but in all honesty, I have no room and anyway, I don't really want to get too involved as Janna is still very friendly with Lauren. Brenna has offered to let him stay out at her place if he needs to,,. She's certainly got the room, so I hope he takes her up on the offer. I just felt so sorry for him as he is such a nice guy and has been very good to me. I hope that eventually they can work it out for the sake of the children.

Chicken tonight for tea. I can smell it in the slow cooker. Yummy. Then I'll wrap up a few presents and watch Coro Street. My evening is all planned.

PAMELA,sorry you're so busy at work but you'll be finishing for the year soon. Poor Barney and his paw. You'll have to keep an eye on it and hopefully it will heal quickly. At least it's not painful for him.Did you manage to get all your Christmas food shopping done last night ? It's always such a relief when that's over.

SHELLEY, I remember you talking earlier about a future visit to a place that you visited as a child with your family. How lovely that you were able to go back there and have afternoon tea It's sad that it's no longer a doll museum, but at least it would have bought back many happy memories. I bet the house itself is beautiful. We have nothing like that over here.

Well I'm off to check on my chicken and might do my resistance band exercises before the news.

Have a good Wednesday, Pamela and Shelley. Not long until Santa comes now. !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Evening all.
Have you noticed that ads keep coming up on catsey now?
Pamela, hope Barney's paw is going to be OK.
Dinky, how kind of Brenna to offer Elliot somewhere to stay.
Lots of bad news for me, my good friend Neil passed away Sunday evening, another friend in and out of hospital and yet another friend has her daughter in hospital and sadly it's not looking good.