Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #1

Another hot Tuesday.

Hi everyone,
Tuesday evening here and and another very hot day with no wind. I decided to do a big Christmas shop this morning and managed to get most of the things I needed . I even managed to get some carob bars for Janna (she doesn't like chocolate). I've just got to get some fizzy drink and pick up the chickens and couscous salad from New World on Friday and it's done. I haven't got anything for my godson, Mike ,,yet but today I got his partner, Karen, a great big bucket of licorice allsorts which she loves. I also got my cousin, Janna and Karen a mask bag each. Janna's one has a wee fantail on it which is really appropriate, as she loves birds.

I finally bought myself a muslin quilt for my bed, as I'm getting so hot at night. I've had my eye on them for ages Unfortunately I had two sets of prying eyes looking over my shoulder when I was ordering it online - Janna and my niece, Rebecca. - and of course both of them wanted one as well. We all chose the same pattern -pink roses on a cream background - and I'm hoping that they'll be here in a couple of days in time for Christmas, but I'm not holding out much hope. My Great Christmas Cleanup has totally fizzled out today. It's just been too hot. Perhaps tomorrow. I really need to clean the kitchen floor

Brenna has just got a new wee kitten from the RSPCA. It's a wee grey and white boy named Fiasko and looks like a sweet wee baby. The children really missed Arlo, their last cat, who sadly got hit by a car outside their old house, but now they have their new home right away from any roads, in the middle of nowhere, so it will be a lovely safe home for a cat. They just have to watch the kitten near the swimming pool as he keeps trying to put his paw in the water . It is an indoor pool though, so they just have to remember to keep the door closed at all times.

Just heard the weather for tomorrow, on TV -29 degrees here in Christchurch. How horrible. !!! i hate summer.

Shelley, I'm pleased you liked your ghost play and managed to sleep OK after it. You are so lucky to have stately homes that make the perfect settings for such stories. it certainly must add to the atmosphere.

PAMELA, hope you are all OK and braving the cold and foggy weather. I bet you're looking forward to finishing work for the year and then starting your new work in the new year.

I'm off now to do the dishes(if it's not too hot in the kitchen). Cats are all lying on Willow's kool mat and enjoying it.

Have a good Tuesday everyone and stay safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #2

Re: Another hot Tuesday.

Hi Dinky and Pamela.
Well done getting the majority of your shopping done Dinky.
How lovely that Brenna has a new kitten, it would be lovely if we were able to easily share pictures on here.
I miss the days when there was lots of cat news, as I can't have one myself it's good to share.
I had a lovely day yesterday, I went for afternoon tea in a local Manor house that's 400 years old, jeremiah horrocks stayed there in 16 something.
He was a famous astrologer who discovered the transit of venus.
The main reason for my excitement however was that in the 60/70's the house was home to a doll museum and my family visited.
I have very happy memories and have always wanted to revisit the house even though it's no longer a museum.
Pamela I hope you have a lovely day whatever you are doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-12-2021, 12:33 PM   #3

Re: Another hot Tuesday.

Hi Dinky and Shelley,

You sou d organised Dinky! I must admit that this year I have everything wrapped excepted the dogs and cats. They will get done on Christmas eve.

Brennas kitten sounds lovely. Lime Shelley said it would be great to be able to see photos.

Your quilt sounds lovely as well.

Shelley, glad you had a lovely day yesterday. Always good to revisit somewhere that holds dear memories.

Not much happening here. Just busy with work. Also had to bandage Barneys paw. I found a bit of dog nail on the couch, checked Barneys paw and he has a raw looking pad. Nonidea what has happened as had no blood in the house or paths on our walks. Got it cleaned, sprayed antiseptic spray and bandaged it will keep an eye as the vet would do exactly what I have done. He's not I pain so will see how he goes

Going Christmas food shopping tonight and that's about it from here.

Have a great day everyone ��