Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #1

Hot, hot Monday.

Good morning everyone.
Monday evening here and boy, is it hot. !!! it got up to 28 degrees today and it was just too hot for my poor cats. I turned the air con on to 16 degrees and they all lay stretched out on the floor under it. My teeth were chattering in the lounge after a while because it got so cold in there, but the cats loved it. I'm going to have to get out Willow's kool mat for them again this summer.

I've started the Great Christmas Cleanup but it sort of fizzled out a bit due to the heat. I wrapped up a couple of presents but couldn't really get into that either, so went and read a book. A gardener came round this afternoon to give me a quote for getting all my trees /bushes cut back The guy next door uses him, so thought I'd give him a try. These bushes haven't been trimmed back since mum and dad were in the house, and they block out a lot of light. He was a nice, friendly guy and said he could do the job in the new year, which is all good.

I'm just going to watch a bit of TV tonight and go to bed early ,as I didn't sleep well last night. Snoddy was lying right up by my face and it was so hot. Every time I breathed, I breathed in a whole pile of fur.

PAMELA, sorry that your weather hasn't been that good. How about sending a bit of that cold over this way. It's meant to be hot again tomorrow, so a bit of nice cold air from Scotland would be just lovely. I've heard that you've all been asked to stay home as much as possible to avoid spreading the virus.Thank goodness you've had your booster shot. That should raise your immunity and at least you can look forward to having a good Christmas.

SHELLEY, lucky you being off until the 4th.I'm sorry your work do was cancelled and I hope your work mate gets over her covid infection quickly. Let's pray that no one else at work has caught it.That Christmas ghost play that you went to last night sounds marvellous .How did you sleep afterwards ? Was it real spooky ?

I'm off now to watch a bit of TV, while Janna takes the cats outside.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #2

Re: Hot, hot Monday.

Morning,
The Christmas ghost play was brilliant and we both enjoyed it.
As we walked through the hall, the players acted out the true story of lady Dorathea and Simon.
She lived in a Catholic household, he in a protestant.
They planned to elope but sadly it ended badly for both.
Dinky, Reading a book instead of cleaning up sounds good ��
Pamela, have you finished work yet?