Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Munchkin
Jim-bob is Male
01-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #1

Cat Tracking Devices

Hi everyone,

I have 2 Munchkin cats and they love going outside. They stay out for long periods (which is common) and I've had no issues of them being 'lost' so to speak. However, it has been known for one of the neighbours to accidentally lock them in their garage or shed. I was thinking of buying some kind of tracking device but I'm unsure of what to get.

My friend told me the Miaufinder is a great device as it uses radiowaves and has no subscriptions. So, I'm new to this and wondered if anyone has some experience with these Cat Tracking Systems. What's better? GPS or radiowaves? Subscription or no subscription?

Before I go out and buy one could anyone tell me if they are good and if so, what device do you have?

Thanks in advance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #2

Re: Cat Tracking Devices

welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, have never eard of them or used them so unable to offer any advice

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #3

Re: Cat Tracking Devices

Welcome to Catsey, Jim-Bob. i have heard of a tracking collar for cats. It's available here in NZ, but it looks to be a very heavy, cumbersome thing for a small kitty to have to wear around its neck. Also it does not have a safety release catch so would be really dangerous for a cat to wear outside. I'm not a big fan of collars for cats anyway and this one looks like some device used for monitoring prisoners when they are released. Sorry I can't help you further.