Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #1

Camera Behaving Oddly...

The last pics I took were in the 1800 series...1851 to be exact. But today when I took 2 pics, they were numbered 402 and 403... Not that it really matters, but I'm just curious; wonder why it started renumbering them, and not even back to #1. Anyone ever have something like that happen? It's a Nikon Coolpix L2.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #2

Re: Camera Behaving Oddly...

Sorry Eileen - have to say my camera seems to renumber pix too, but I have never paid it much attention until you mentioned it. Mine is a Panasonic Lumix. When I download the pix from the memory card, I have ticked the setting to automatically wipe those pix from the card, so I don't get duplicates. I haven't actually taken any note of the number of the next picture, which should theoretically go back to 001 - but I don't think it does!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #3

Re: Camera Behaving Oddly...

Strange. When I load then from the camera to iPhoto I also have them deleted from the camera, but since I've had it since December of '06 it's always advanced from the last number. Doesn't really matter, but was curious why it suddenly jumped back to the 400's.