Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #11

Re: Kitten Gone Off Wet Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Lol, I am a bit of a CRF nazi as well. Though all cat food nazi thoughts are put to one side with a CRF cat. Sometimes it is whatever you can get them to eat when they start refusing food, so as not to develop fatty liver disease. In this case the demon Whiskas is better than them not eating anything...

My brothers cat has CRF, I found Tanya's Feline CRF information centre, fantastic... I am sure you have seen it...

Can tell by your posts Elaine, that you know all about kidney disease in cats
Seen it? I can practically recite it lol, it litterally is a life saver to those with CRF cats. I am sorry about your brothers cat and I hope that it is doing well regardless.

Sorry, off topic to original post.

If you cannt get to a pet shop until tomorrow though, have you thought about maybe a little oily fish such as sardine or if you are cooking a sunday dinner, kitty may well be partial to some chicken or beef.... Just a thought.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
16-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #12

Went to our nearest Pets at Home today and got two sachets of the Science Plan wet food, as that was all they had in individual portions. So far, he likes the gravy...

I wonder why he suddenly went off the Whiskas? He'd been eating it really well right up until I bought a month's supply (thus proving that murphy's law doesn't only apply to feeding toddlers). How long does it take a cat to settle on their favourite? Or will their tastes always change from time to time?

Catsey Veteran

16-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #13

Sadly it all depends on the cat and you. My Eva, who is now 5 years old, loved her wet kitten food but did after a time begin to favour the dry food to the wet. Previous cats and other current cat Bernie, did/will pretty much eat what ever is put out for them/him.
Eva just has to be the one thats always different, maybe she is imitating me when I was young as it just struck me that my mother always said similar things about me as I do about Eva.
I have also helped over the last few years to encourage her fussyness by pandering to her as she went on and off foods. I have also been guilty of experimenting with different foods in my quest to give her the best diet that I can.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
16-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarant
Went to our nearest Pets at Home today and got two sachets of the Science Plan wet food, as that was all they had in individual portions. So far, he likes the gravy...

I wonder why he suddenly went off the Whiskas? He'd been eating it really well right up until I bought a month's supply (thus proving that murphy's law doesn't only apply to feeding toddlers). How long does it take a cat to settle on their favourite? Or will their tastes always change from time to time?
There is not necessarily an answer to why cats go off certain foods. Some cats can be fussier than others unfortunately. But if the kitten loves his dry food just stick with that for now, rather than waste loads of money on wet food he isn't gonna eat. Maybe in a months time, try wet food again. By then the kitten may welcome the change

Banned

16-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Seen it? I can practically recite it lol, it litterally is a life saver to those with CRF cats. I am sorry about your brothers cat and I hope that it is doing well regardless.

Sorry, off topic to original post.

If you cannt get to a pet shop until tomorrow though, have you thought about maybe a little oily fish such as sardine or if you are cooking a sunday dinner, kitty may well be partial to some chicken or beef.... Just a thought.
Baba, my brothers cat is doing really well, for the moment! A year down the line...That website has saved MANY cats lives, me thinks
I shouldn't really say this as a a vet nurse... but... vets do not really give out enough information on how to deal with a CRF cat. They just push the drugs and the prescription diets, a shame really... I think vets should photocopy that website as a leaflet to give to owners of CRF cats. But they wouldn't, that would be admitting that some lay person knows more on the subject than them... ooooh what a bitch I am lol. You can see why I'm not a full-time Vet nurse anymore, I have way too big a mouth, vet nurses should be seen and not heard lol

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
17-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #16

Quote:
... that would be admitting that some lay person knows more on the subject than them... ooooh what a bitch I am lol. You can see why I'm not a full-time Vet nurse anymore, I have way too big a mouth, vet nurses should be seen and not heard lol
Hey we like gobby & forthright CW999!!

And no harm in helping others I say... hence why I post our link... cheaper meds than the vets and great service & helping a local rescue out too....

Banned

17-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCatLady
Hey we like gobby & forthright CW999!!

And no harm in helping others I say... hence why I post our link... cheaper meds than the vets and great service & helping a local rescue out too....
Thank you MadCatLady! I am indeed forthright and a 'wee' bit gobby. But trying to be on my best behaviour lol

Hows it going with your link? Have you raised much money for your charity?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
17-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #18

So so... 1% commission isn't gonna break the bank but hey it all helps.... don't forget to check out me list of stuff we need for fundraising in the wanted section!!!

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Baba, my brothers cat is doing really well, for the moment! A year down the line...That website has saved MANY cats lives, me thinks
I shouldn't really say this as a a vet nurse... but... vets do not really give out enough information on how to deal with a CRF cat. They just push the drugs and the prescription diets, a shame really... I think vets should photocopy that website as a leaflet to give to owners of CRF cats. But they wouldn't, that would be admitting that some lay person knows more on the subject than them... ooooh what a bitch I am lol. You can see why I'm not a full-time Vet nurse anymore, I have way too big a mouth, vet nurses should be seen and not heard lol
Oh I know and many also talk very negatively about CRF which doesnt help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCatLady
So so... 1% commission isn't gonna break the bank but hey it all helps.... don't forget to check out me list of stuff we need for fundraising in the wanted section!!!
Sorry MCL, I have been so busy catching up around the house and my cats that I forgot to look out some stuff for you. Will get onto it today.