Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #1

Sick cats update

I am realy pleased that all the cats havent been sick since sunday morning. I did panick a bit but have never seen all the cats sick at the same time. I have taken them completley of there normal wet food and they are now on pouches (adult felix with jelly). I did get whiskers kitten for lucky and Kado but i needed some other type for a more perminant sollution. The trouble is that i am going though a box of 12 a day am i feeding them too much? I have in the past tried them on tins as a treat but they licked the jelly of it and left the rest, but they was on dry food then. Lucky who is around 7months is eating for england he was starting to look a bit thin after his neutering but has put some weight on now. I do have other animals and if possible would like to keep the cost of the food down but if i cant they will have to stay on the wet.

I havent heard back from Purina yet let you know when i do.

jane and the growing zoo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #2

Re: Sick cats update

Glad they are better.
12 pouches per day doesn't sound a lot to me, but depends -- How many cats have you got?

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #3

I have 6 but one is lucky 7 months old. This morning i tried them on felix tins and they love it. How many tins should i use a day. I do know how old lucky is but it was impossible not to let him feed with them. He is the boss anyway and they let him. Guinness our big boy even waits while ever one has finished before he eats. I do put down enough dishes for them all as well. They tend to eat food when they are all together as well if i put lucky out they usualy walk away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #4

12 pouches - 6 cats.
2 pouches per cat per day.
Sounds ok to me.

As with people, some animals eat more than others to maintain good body condition.

I would give them as much as they willl comfortably manange to eat in 5-10mins ( as long as they are not piggy-wigs who will eat til they burst) 2 x daily

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #5

The only piggy wiggy we have is Lucky. He hasnt always been like it but OH says he must be on a growth spurt.