Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #1

Water Fountain

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=245

Just thought you may like to know that vetuk has 10% off this water fountain atm.

I am thinking about getting one for Kizzy.

Anyone who has knowledge of this particular brand - I'd be grateful for your reviews - thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #2

Re: Water Fountain

I have a fountain, but not that one, although it looks to be better than mine.....Thanks for the link Angie, may well just order one for my boys....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #3

I had a similar one which was good. The design I'd say steer clear of is the one with a half-globe which the water pours down . . . awkward to use and a pig to clean!!

They're all a bit more fiddly than washing a water bowl - which I have now returned to without any problems

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I had a similar one which was good. The design I'd say steer clear of is the one with a half-globe which the water pours down . . . awkward to use and a pig to clean!!

They're all a bit more fiddly than washing a water bowl - which I have now returned to without any problems
I'll second that - I've now thrown mine out and bought a different style.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola

I have one like that a agree, they are a pain, ordered one of these now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #6

I have a Cat-it water fountain, the half globe thing that Yola refers to . I like it but agree that it is fiddly and a pain to clean. But the cats like it.
http://www.hagen.com/usa/cats/addinf..._fountain.html
I looked at the one you mention Angie but prefer the look of the fresh flow water fountains.
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c...ountains/80895

Catsey Veteran

14-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I have a Cat-it water fountain, the half globe thing that Yola refers to . I like it but agree that it is fiddly and a pain to clean. But the cats like it.
http://www.hagen.com/usa/cats/addinf..._fountain.html
I looked at the one you mention Angie but prefer the look of the fresh flow water fountains.
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c...ountains/80895
That is the one I have now - Alfie does not use it as much, I think he finds it difficult to use as it is quite a distance from the front to the flow.

I was looking at the one Angieh is thinking about and would be interested if anyone uses that. ALfie likes to drink from the tap and I thought that was similar.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #8

I was reading the reviews for the water fountains on the vetuk site - there is a "platinum" model, very similar but the motor is much quieter. More expensive of course. The good thing I thought about this particular make is that spare parts are available.

It's interesting that some people have gone back to water bowls after trying the fountains. I have a nice stainless steel bowl (have had it for ages) it has a rubber ring around the base so it doesn't slip around. I just wondered if I was being a neglectful mummy not trying the fountain! Merlin only learned too late to save him from bouts of cystitis that drinking water is a very good thing, so I wondered if the fountain would encourage Kizzy to drink. Although I do have to say she seems very good at that atm.

Catsey Veteran

14-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I was reading the reviews for the water fountains on the vetuk site - there is a "platinum" model, very similar but the motor is much quieter. More expensive of course. The good thing I thought about this particular make is that spare parts are available.

It's interesting that some people have gone back to water bowls after trying the fountains. I have a nice stainless steel bowl (have had it for ages) it has a rubber ring around the base so it doesn't slip around. I just wondered if I was being a neglectful mummy not trying the fountain! Merlin only learned too late to save him from bouts of cystitis that drinking water is a very good thing, so I wondered if the fountain would encourage Kizzy to drink. Although I do have to say she seems very good at that atm.
The one I have is quite noisy - it might be worth a bit more for a quieter motor, I would in the future.

We bought our first fountain for ALfie when he was about a year old. Prior to that I never noticed him drinking much. He loved taking a drink from dripping or slightly running tap so bought him the fountain. I was amazed at how often it needed topping up so he obviously drinks a lot more that we realised or thought he would. It is certainly IMO a great thing for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #10

I've gone back to the water bowl as well (I have the globe thing as well), simply because I got really fed up with having to buy filters every few weeks! And there was nowhere in Telford that sold them so I had to drive halfway to Wolverhampton every time I needed new ones.