Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #11

Re: Feline wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I have found Felix good as it looks one of the better ones....
They wont touch it.
They liked the natures menu until they changed it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
They wont touch it.
They liked the natures menu until they changed it
Sounds like they have you wrapped around their paws Elaine, i was the same, till I found pouches and biscuits they all eat and stuck with it now....

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Sounds like they have you wrapped around their paws Elaine, i was the same, till I found pouches and biscuits they all eat and stuck with it now....
See, I think thats been the problem, as new and apparently better foods have come onto the market, I have thought "oh that looks like a good food", read the ingredients etc, thought I was doing the right thing for the benefit of their health, regardless of the damage to my pocket and now I have created two fussy eaters.
I blame my obsession with CRF for all of this because Winston lived 21 years on go-cat and felix, was never a fussy eater even through illness, he had off days but on the whole was always a very good eater.
I always used to tell people in the pet shop that they had turned their cats into fussy eaters by pandering to them and i have done the exact same thing but in a different manner, if you know what I mean.
I have even said things to friends such as "if i wanted my cats to eat the equivalent of a MacDonalds, I'd buy them whiskas" And look what they are eating now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #14

Merlin is eating Felix in jelly atm. The Felix supermeat suits his digestion better, but he "goes off" it after 3 or 4 days. I always have a back up and he's keen on duck in jelly today!

But you have had the best intentions and your sensitivity to CRF problems are quite understandable. IMO (and given Merlin's age) he can eat whatever he likes and as much of it as he likes, so long as it doesn't make him upchuck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #15

Elaine, I received a free sample of 'Instinctive' from RC the other week, offered it the Orientals and they turned their noses up at it, even the non-fussy ones wouldn't eat it I won't be rushing out to buy it. I also received free samples of the new Applaws dried food, they didn't think much to that either

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Elaine, I received a free sample of 'Instinctive' from RC the other week, offered it the Orientals and they turned their noses up at it, even the non-fussy ones wouldn't eat it I won't be rushing out to buy it. I also received free samples of the new Applaws dried food, they didn't think much to that either
Has any one else received any free samples? And what did their cats make of it? I didnt know Applaws now did dried food too, but as i have already made my cats fussy eaters, think I'll stick with the RC coz they always eat that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #17

I didn't know Applaws did dry and only because of your link did I realise RC did wet!! Strangely enough mine won't touch any Applaws which is a shame as it looks good enough to eat by me

The only thing I've tried for years is Whiskas senior that my Mum gave me because her cat went off it (she's a majorly fussy eater); mine licked the jelly off and left the meat and James Wellbeloved kibble which - and this might be a co-incidence here; caused or contributed to some seriously runny bums in all 3 cats

I will try the RC wet dental at my next visit to the petshop and we'll see what the result is. Might try to tap them up for a free sample . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #18

I received free samples from Applaws after emailing them. They also included a sachet of their dry food.

If anyone wants, I will gladly forward this to them, as I won't give it to Merlin because of his teeth and urinary history.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Has any one else received any free samples? And what did their cats make of it? I didnt know Applaws now did dried food too, but as i have already made my cats fussy eaters, think I'll stick with the RC coz they always eat that.

http://mpmproducts.co.uk/bhtest/appl...page=appla ws

If you do try it get a peg ready for your nose, it's rather pungent to say the least!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
19-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #20

Don't tell my cats about this stuff, I'm sure they will want it.
Its twice the price of Felix Kitten, I'm not up for it. Its already costing me a bomb for royal Canin dry food. I'm sure the dry food is much more important than wet food anyway.