Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #1

Feline wet

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/c...eline_wet.aspx

Has any one tried these yet? I know they are new but just wondered if any members have tried them and what their thoughts or more to the point what their kitties thoughts were?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #2

Re: Feline wet

Haven't tried it Elaine, but nice to see that they are doing a food for cats over 10. I find it amazing that more supermarkets don't stock much of a range of senior food considering our ageing cat population.

Be interested on any feedback (scuse the pun!).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #3

Never heard of them Elaine, Cannot quite understand why they fel they have to make one for a pure bred cat though....My pedigree boys eat just normal food....

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Haven't tried it Elaine, but nice to see that they are doing a food for cats over 10. I find it amazing that more supermarkets don't stock much of a range of senior food considering our ageing cat population.

Be interested on any feedback (scuse the pun!).
I liked the look of that one and imediately thought of dear Merlin, low phosphorus and condroitin/glucosomine, very good for the senoir cat. The site didnt give much info by way of ingredients though, unless i missed it.

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Never heard of them Elaine, Cannot quite understand why they fel they have to make one for a pure bred cat though....My pedigree boys eat just normal food....
Yes but Royal Canin always do breed specific foods, so i assume that the wet food will have the same ingredients that the dry do for the breed specific needs, if you understand what i mean.
You know how the persian dry claims to aid hairball reduction, digestive tolerance and better shaped kibble to help them eat it where as the BSH one claims to aid a healthy heart and teeth. I am not saying their claims are crap coz i dont have a pedigree but some of their ingredients are no better or worse than whiskas. If the cat does well on what ever it's eating......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I liked the look of that one and imediately thought of dear Merlin, low phosphorus and condroitin/glucosomine, very good for the senoir cat. The site didnt give much info by way of ingredients though, unless i missed it.
The ingredients are listed at the bottom Elaine

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/c...or_mature.aspx

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Yes but Royal Canin always do breed specific foods, so i assume that the wet food will have the same ingredients that the dry do for the breed specific needs, if you understand what i mean.
You know how the persian dry claims to aid hairball reduction, digestive tolerance and better shaped kibble to help them eat it where as the BSH one claims to aid a healthy heart and teeth. I am not saying their claims are crap coz i dont have a pedigree but some of their ingredients are no better or worse than whiskas. If the cat does well on what ever it's eating......
I still find it hard to understand, there are many long haired moggys who will get hairballs.....
Never fed my boys anything other than normal food, and they thrive on it....

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
The ingredients are listed at the bottom Elaine

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/c...or_mature.aspx
Yes i have just spotted them
I have to say that they dont seem all that great by comparison and they dont say any percentage of real meat.
Dont want to turn this into some sort of debate but I do beleive that in my strive to try to get my cats to eat a healthy diet with a good meat content, I have made them fussy eaters . At the moment all i can get them to eat is felix in jelly . They wont even touch applaws .

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #9

I have found Felix good as it looks one of the better ones....

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I still find it hard to understand, there are many long haired moggys who will get hairballs.....
Never fed my boys anything other than normal food, and they thrive on it....
I know, I have also got the Royal Canin Longhair (not breed specific). For now thats going down a treat but they do like the RC kibble.