Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Maine Coon
jackandbuster is Male
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #1

How much do you feed your Maine Coon?

We dont know if were not feeding ours enough. They get two pouches each and have dry food available all day, although they show lots of interest in the pouches (felix as good as it looks).

So how much do you feed yours?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: How much do you feed your Maine Coon?

A lot will depend on how old the cat is ........how old are yours?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Maine Coon
jackandbuster is Male
10-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #3

sorry, there nearly 2.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
11-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #4

Jackandbuster, I understand Maine Coon's are BIG cats. I have two quite big moggy boys. They weight 6 kilos each.

I feed them two felix as good as it looks pouches a day, and ahve dry food available all day. I've had them for 5 weeks now and weighed them once a week and they've not lost any weight. They do beg for a food a lot at night just before we go to bed and occasionally I'll give them another half pouch before bedtime each, but I do try and be rigid with amounts and feeding times as cats do have a habit of begging and pushing their luck!

I've also wondered if I'm feeding them enough, but like I said, I've kept an eye on their weight and they've not lost anything. I would say do the same. If yours are heavier than 6kilos then I'd say maybe 3 pouches a day each divided between two meals might help? The Felix box recommends 3 pouches a day for a 3 kilo cat, and as mine weigh twice that and get less than 3 pouches each I was a bit worired at first but they do eat quite a lot of dry food.

It is confusing, just weigh them every week and pay attention to how desperately hungry they are!

Cats owned: maine coon
16-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #5

Hi
I have a 7 month old kitten
He eats daily 1/2 to 2/3 a can of natural balance duck and pea
plus about a 1/4 cup of before grain chicken dry