Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #41

Re: Whiska's kitten biscuits and hyperactivity?

These interesting posts just prove that each cat to his or her own! They are all as individual as the people they own!

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
11-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCatLady
I feed my RigbyBigBear with no willie there Hills C/d dry.... has had his willie chop op because of constant blockages.... he also has the cranberry treats which he prefers to the pets @ home variety but... he will not eat c/d wet and if he eats 'other' wet food he still gets cystitis so... Hills dry it is...!
Correction to post see below....

Banned

11-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCatLady
I feed my RigbyBigBear with no willie there Hills C/d dry.... has had his willie chop op because of constant blockages.... he also has the cranberry treats which he prefers to the pets @ home variety but... he will not eat c/d wet and if he eats 'other' wet food he still gets cystitis so... Hills dry it is...!
You need to add water yourself to the wet food, THAT IS THE KEY Usually 50/50 so that it looks like a thick soup! Cats love it, cause its like gravy and they just lap that up. Works a treat for urinary cats, the constant intake of water with food keeps the bladder clear. The Dick vets in Glasgow did a study a few years ago, and the results were that this worked in almost ALL cases better than dry prescription. I am friendly with the female vet who took part in the study. And this information has changed my Amos's life and penis lol.... Because I was considering the sex change/ penis surgery for him, but touch wood he has NEVER had another stones incident in FIVE years,since I took him off dry and used the 50/50 water/food mixture! And I think that speaks volumes....bring on the water...

Banned

11-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #44

Hope this info helps anybody else struggling with urinary cats... Vets don't really put this type of info out there, as it isn't a money spinner...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
You need to add water yourself to the wet food, THAT IS THE KEY Usually 50/50 so that it looks like a thick soup! Cats love it, cause its like gravy and they just lap that up. Works a treat for urinary cats, the constant intake of water with food keeps the bladder clear. The Dick vets in Glasgow did a study a few years ago, and the results were that this worked in almost ALL cases better than dry prescription. I am friendly with the female vet who took part in the study. And this information has changed my Amos's life and penis lol.... Because I was considering the sex change/ penis surgery for him, but touch wood he has NEVER had another stones incident in FIVE years,since I took him off dry and used the 50/50 water/food mixture! And I think that speaks volumes....bring on the water...
Thanks Catwomen but we have tried that too.... He has a filtered water fountain which has increased his water intake but still we get bloody urine! Think he likes the crunch.... Doesn't get blocked anymore as no willie there!! Just a bit sore......

Cats owned: black longhair female kitten
calista24 is Male
24-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #46

This is an interesting thread, and i joined here today to gain/share any info!

We acquired our little 8 week old kitten last week, and she was already on Hills Dry food - however didn't seem to want to eat much, so on vets advice got her some wet too-whiskas kitten.

All seemed good, and she was feeding well, thought we'd go one step further and get her hills kitten wet instead of whiskas.

She went hyper/bonkers most of the weekend on the hills kitten wet, and seems to be back to cutesy self after going back to whiskas!

A friend said it is probably to do with the higher protein content, overstimulates them...

So, the next few days will see !

Banned

24-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by calista24
This is an interesting thread, and i joined here today to gain/share any info!

We acquired our little 8 week old kitten last week, and she was already on Hills Dry food - however didn't seem to want to eat much, so on vets advice got her some wet too-whiskas kitten.

All seemed good, and she was feeding well, thought we'd go one step further and get her hills kitten wet instead of whiskas.

She went hyper/bonkers most of the weekend on the hills kitten wet, and seems to be back to cutesy self after going back to whiskas!

A friend said it is probably to do with the higher protein content, overstimulates them...

So, the next few days will see !
Your absolutely correct the higher protein, can make kittens more lively for a short while days/weeks. In a couple of days kitten will settle down... My advice is stick with Hills wet, better quality protein and less rubbish fillers in it!