Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll.
07-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #31

Re: Whiska's kitten biscuits and hyperactivity?

When I bought fluffy she was already on whiskas kitten food she's now nearly 3 and I still feed her the whiskas dry food, She just sleeps and sleeps Then again its what ragdolls do .
She not a cat that eats it all in one go she will nibble and always has done.

Is it worth changing her diet now? she's very healthy, good weight never had any illness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #32

I've been re-reading this thread as my future new kitten's owner tells me that although the kittens are still sometimes suckling she is also giving them Whiskers kitten biscuits. NOOO! She has said she will let me have some when I go to pick him up but I will be weaning him onto another kibble just as soon as I can. I suspect that it affects some kittens more than others, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I'll have a look at the Burns when I go kitten shopping later today.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
08-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #33

I am going to continue using Whiskas for my three. Oli seems to prefer Whiskas to Royal Canin and the vet says that he is in perfect health. He is a very large cat with a stunningly clean, soft and silky coat (and no he hasnt been using Pantene!! ) What more could I ask for?!

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #34

WHISKAS dry food is made of much lower quality protein than premium brands ie. Hills etc.
But different strokes for different folks (cats) lol....
Though what should be noted is Whiskas Adult dry food has 8% Ash,whereas premium brands have around 6-6.5%. This is important because Ash contributes to urinary crystals in male cats....again some cats are supceptable and some not. But I wouldn't want to take that gamble with my cats health...... James Well Beloved dry cat food is the best in my eyes, even has cranberry in there.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll.
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #35

This is a very good thread , I'd never looked at whats in cat foods I just always thought whiskas was about the best.

Banned

09-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #36

Whiskas isn't bad, but it is far from the best... Maybe in the supermarket range, its better than most. Though it must be stressed what is good for one cat, may not the best for an other. They are all individual... It isn't until later in life, when health fails that sometimes diet can be a pointer.... I am a bit of a cat food Nazi... I love James Wellbeloved Dry food, expensive but worth it! Though my persian who has had operations for his urinary stones, is on RC wet food, mixed in with lots of water to flush his bladder out. The expensive Hills dry prescription diet for urinary cats did not help him!!!!! As a rule, urinary cats should be kept well away from dry food of ALL kinds (even prescription dry). Through trial and error I learned.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #37

If you want yor cats to have cranberry there are Mark and Chappell Cranberry ums ... my cats love these treats ... milky umms, defurr umms .... and so on!

Banned

09-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya
If you want yor cats to have cranberry there are Mark and Chappell Cranberry ums ... my cats love these treats ... milky umms, defurr umms .... and so on!
Haven't heard of those... Will have a look next time in Pets at Home, thank you Though will read label carefully lol

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
10-08-2009, 05:53 AM   #39

I feed my RigbyBigBear with no willie there Hills C/d dry.... has had his willie chop op because of constant blockages.... he also has the cranberry treats which he prefers to the pets @ home variety but... he will not eat c/d wet and if he eats 'other' wet food he still gets cystitis so... Hills dry it is...!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
10-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #40

Dylan has tesco premium wet cat food in gravy, go cat dry (he likes the tuna and vegetable one)

I've tried him on whiskas and he REALLY doesn't like it!