Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

Seasonal Shopping Saturday

I for one WON'T be going to the shops today though, coz I'm working and couldn't face the queues anyway. Was called to a birth last night and on call again tonight... they're killing me, argh! So many desperate ladies who want it all over and done with before the big day. If I knew away I'd do it but Mother Nature has her own calendar and babies don't have a clue what day it is!

Frosty and FREEEEEZING here,no snow tho. Hope it stays that way, don't fancy sleepovers in the Birth Centre!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #2

Re: Seasonal Shopping Saturday

Morning all,
Whole of my area still covered in tons of snow. Its mainly gone to ice now so wont be using my car again until I can see the tarmac on the road! Need to get the food shopping done, but I will wait it out till the ice has gone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #3

Hi PP - I really don't envy you trips out to desperate mothers in this cold weather. Hope you all stay warm and safe though.

No shopping here either. I am sure the main roads are ice and snow free, but our lanes certainly aren't. We are expecting a grocery delivery this morning and I will be tempted to hug the delivery person if they manage to get through! Bread is getting low ......... baked a loaf yesterday which was very nice, but home baked ones don't last as long, with no preservatives. Got enough flour for 1 more loaf! Everything else is fairly well stocked.

I've just been reading dandysmom's storm post. How very scary for her. I do hope all Washingtonians (?) stay warm and safe.

Has anyone noticed our lovely little robins displaying new behaviour?? I have noticed one hovering to take suet from the blue tits' fat feeder and also perching on the nut feeders. I haven't noticed this behaviour before now.

Keep warm and safe - and drive carefully if you have to go out, peeps.

Sorry Donna - posted together! You are wise not to go out yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #4

Good morning!
I will not be venturing into the stores either, thank goodness
Our temps are way up today and though it is rainy it doesn't seem to be thinking of snowing anytime soon again at all.
K had to work an extra shift today. Poor dear had to start at 4am (he got home from his last shift at 8pm). It's supposed to be his day off but he volunteered because we could use the money.
Baked some cookies straight off, I think it sounds like a perfect breakfast (they have little Christmas trees on them ).
I think I will just do some cleaning and puttering around the house and playing on the computer (when K is not on it! ). I sure do hope Eileen is okay in that storm. Will be thinking of her.
Hope you all have a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #5

I wish I had some of those good home made cookies to go with my tea, Tink! Yes, Angie, we're Washingtonians .... and cold ones now! There are still idiots out driving in this, getting stuck and abandoning their cars, hindering the plows! Happens every time we have a big storm ...

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #6

I bet you they are frantically trying to do some last minute shopping, Eileen!
We had a bad snow last year and had to run an errand in town. My God, I cannot tell you how long it took us to move only a mile. Everyone was braving the weather to go shopping. I couldn't believe it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

Pleased to say our grocery delivery arrived all safe. I didn't hug the driver though he did look quite cute in his furry hat with ear flaps (sensible). We did go down the lane to post our cards, and found the road not too bad - there is rain forecast for the early morning, followed by a freeze. The temperature is forecast to drop 6 degrees in about 3 hours tomorrow. Hopefully, I shall be cosy and warm in bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #8

Tink, I did all my Xmas shopping on line a long time ago, had my grocery delivery last Thursday and picked up what I needed at Whole Foods yesterday, along with half of Washington! I am set!

Angie, so glad your grocery guy made it, well done him! Now you won't have to bake. I hope your rain doesn't turn to ice, worse than snow.

Catsey Veteran

19-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #9

Yep, I did all of mine online too. You've gotta love the internet