Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #1

Cold Thursday

It's 2 here, but feels much colder, even though there is not a lot of wind. Actually feels raw and I have my thickest jumper on.

I turned my ankle in the garden yesterday morning whilst trying to get hold of an excited Pip and was in some pain with it last night - hence dandysmom kindly called the quiz off as I couldn't concentrate. It is much much better this morning, a little niggly but I can walk about and the more I walk the easier it gets but stiffens up a bit if I sit for any time. Unfortunately I have about 3 hours of transcriptions which much be done today, so as soon as I've said goodbye to my gardener, I must get on with that.

Have a good day everyone and keep warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #2

Re: Cold Thursday

Morning! It's bitter here too, I am tired and have a headache due to not enough sleep; Sebi woke me briefly and then I just lay there and heard the clock strike 2 . . . 3 . . . 5 (must have nodded of around 4) and 6

Need to run into the local village to collect my lovely brown boots from the menders (he stuck them back together for me) - proper mender not one of these franchise thingies and then tonight we have our Thames boat party. OH is definitely staying behind to look after the boys are no babysitters were to be found.

I have my new frock (demure black number with a really classy, heavy clasp on the front) and some new spangly jewellery just need to work out which shoes/boots to wear!

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #3

Enjoy your party Yola - will you be wearing thermals under your party dress???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #4

LOL!!! Don't be daft Angie . . . I shall just be consuming copious amounts of 'beverage' to combat the cold

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #5

Well been out got the tyre repaired (picked up a nail/screw yesterday) I changed it myself no pronlem but took it to be reapired/replaced today...they repaired it. Sorted a few things out and confirmed a few things....coming back the snow started almost a blizzard. But could change to rain and then it will disppear.

Off out tonight with a couple of friends but will wait on the weather....but should be okay.

Yola enjoy your party sounds great hope the snow holds off for you. Angie Ouch...my sympathies.

To eveyone else, happy snowball fights... Last Thursday befor Christmas its getting exciting....

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
LOL!!! Don't be daft Angie . . . I shall just be consuming copious amounts of 'beverage' to combat the cold
I was joking Yola! I just can't abide being cold ........ brrrrrrr! Hope there's some really lovely mulled wine ........

Btw - our raspberry vodka is a HIT!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #7

Hi, all. Sunny but bitterly cold -3 (26 F), wind chill -7!! Stayed indoors, no errands and the grocery delivery is coming this afternoon. Our forecast has changed, snow is now definitely forecast for most of the day and evening Saturday, OMG!! May be snowbound ......

Angie, glad the ankles a bit better. Yola, enjoy the party, you too at your get-together, Kazz. Hope no one is snowed in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #8

Cor, but it was chilly on our dog walk today. We'd just got out of the house when the sky darkened and snow started to fall, such a cold biting wind started too! I think you could call it "bracing" out there!

That's one of the nicest things about cats, you don't have to go outside and exercise them in all weathers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #9

Bracing is a good word...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about your ankle, Angie.
And Yola, your outfit sounds quite elegant! Have fun and maybe some hot buttered rum is in order..it IS the season and all!
Eileen, I think we sent you our weather. It has gotten a lot warmer and all our snow has melted. To look at it outside now, you would think none of it ever happened
K's mom is having outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. A faulty valve is causing poor circulation and nerve damage/pain in one leg. It is supposed to be a simple procedure but she has to stay off her feet for a week. Circulation/vein problems truly do run in their family!
We are not decided yet on plans for Christmas dinner as we are not sure how she will feel around then..but we will get together at some point.
Hope you all are having a good one