Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #31

Re: Garden Makeover

So sorry Dandysmom! At least it wasn't just me (can never be sure as my PC is quite old!). Rose pics are fine - were there yesterday and are still there today. It's the ones of your existing garden I haven't seen but Kazz obviously can - how strange. Perhaps try a new thread as Mags suggests or PM to me if you can, that would be great! Happy New Year to you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #32

I think I've figured out why the garden pics have vanished..I had assumed, incorrectly, that once they were on Catsey's computer they were there forever, as in the Archives, so I deleted them from Photobucket. They weren't pics I particularly wanted to keep, and as I'm unsure of how many I'm allowed there have been deleting ones that I no longer wanted. Mistake!! Apparently if the link to PB is gone, so are the pics.... And also deleted from my iPhoto for the same reason. Not too bright of me, but at least I've learned...doh!

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #33

Don't beat yourself up about it, Dandysmom! I found out the same thing about renaming an edited pic on photobucket - I thought the original still remained the same - it doesn't!!

I think you will want to have a record of how your garden looked BEFORE you give it a total makeover, so I guess you'd better take some more pics!

Catsey Veteran

01-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #34

Guess I will have to do just that! One nice thing about my Mac's iPhoto: I can crop, adjust lighting, etc, on a photo, but I can always retrieve the original! (Not that I am a dedicated Mac fan,,, )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #35

Eileen how is your garden makeover coming on?

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #36

Ah yes - well picked up Kazz! How is coming on Dandysmom and do you think you could repost some pics for us?

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #37

Coming along slowly! The landscape guy, Pete, hasn't gotten back to me with the plans/estimate for the flagstones....despite some polite nagging via e-mail....

So far I've ordered four roses, blue agapanthus, blue geraniums and blue asters, plus acidanthera and alstroemeria. Plan on filling in the gaps between the perennials with annuals: zinnias, marigolds and tithonia, maybe some larkspur...Also toying with the idea of a dwarf Deodar cedar and a nandina or two...

The vegetable part up by the house will be the usual: tomatoes, hot peppers, Borlotto beans, basil, oregano, cilantro, radishes, scallions, and of course catnip for the Princess.

Have also ordered too many iris ( I adore iris!), but they won't come until late July/August...

I will try to retake pics tomorrow; it's clouded over now...thanks for bugging me, I meant to do this before...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Ah yes - well picked up Kazz! How is coming on Dandysmom and do you think you could repost some pics for us?

Thank you its a skill I have its called Nagging

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thank you its a skill I have its called Nagging
According to my OH, it's something only women do!

Yes, Dandysmom, looking forward to seeing those pics! Love your plant list.