Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #21

Re: Most Are Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That's a shame Donna, don't you celebrate Christmas at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Don't you like or celebrate Christmas

Dont believe in all that Jesus stuff, but do the present bits for the kids. Just hate all the clutter, expense and hassle involved with it all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Dont believe in all that Jesus stuff, but do the present bits for the kids. Just hate all the clutter, expense and hassle involved with it all.
Seems a shame that people have gone to the trouble & expense of sending you a card and you immediately recycle it! Have you considered asking people not to bother as you don't believe in Christmas?

I personally find the 'Jesus stuff' the most important part, but each to their own of course.

I agree it is expensive and a lot of extra hassle, but we had a lovely family Christmas and spent some good quality time together, so for me it is worth it. Be pleased to 'get back to normal' now though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
30-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #23

I decided not to put our small fibre optic tree up and the few decorations I like. Fizz likes to chew on things and I didn't think fibre glass would be very good for a kitty's throat. Wouldn't be so bad when we could supervise her but we were away a fair bit. I enjoyed families trees instead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Seems a shame that people have gone to the trouble & expense of sending you a card and you immediately recycle it! Have you considered asking people not to bother as you don't believe in Christmas?

I personally find the 'Jesus stuff' the most important part, but each to their own of course.

I agree it is expensive and a lot of extra hassle, but we had a lovely family Christmas and spent some good quality time together, so for me it is worth it. Be pleased to 'get back to normal' now though!
Totaly agree with you there Kim. A lovely family Christmas had here too, I love the "sense of niceness" that Christmas brings about a sense of Goodwill to everyone.Happy New Year Kim,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #25

...and to you too Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #26

It must have been another thread where members were discussing when they took their trees down - the origins of Twelfth Night. I heard on Radio 2 today - if you miss taking your decorations down by Twelfth Night, they have to stay up until Shrove Tuesday, when they are taken down and burned and you cook your pancakes over the fire!!! My MIL (86) says she remembers her grandmother telling her that, so it must be true - she can remember what happened when she was a child, but not what happened 5 mins ago.

We took all our decorations down today - tree went out the window, dropping its needles all over. Place looks terribly bare.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #27

OH and Dominik are deconstructing the tree as I type. I'm meant to be down here working . . . better get on then